super soldier spotting

» super soldier spotting «

IT DIDN'T TAKE WORDS FOR GWEN AND MARY JANE TO KNOW THINGS WERE NO LONGER PEACHY-KEEN BETWEEN SCOUT PAXTON AND PETER PARKER. The two didn't speak for the entire three day weekend they had off from school, and when the girls hung out, Scout avoided questions asked about the no-longer couple. Her heart was still hurting, still sore from the breakup, and she figured it best to simply ignore the boy. At least until the sting went away.

When she returned to school, the two didn't even look at each other in the hallways. Both knew it would be too painful. Things were finally confirmed for Scout's friends when Peter and Ned sat at a different table at lunch, Michelle eventually joining them halfway through, her loyalties lying on either side. The girls tried to comfort Scout, telling her over and over how sorry they were and that things would turn out okay. Scout simply tried to smile, nodding her head as if their words truly made her feel better. But watching as Harry held Gwen's hand and expressing their new found fondness of each other made her long even more for what she had just lost.

But the days went on. The world kept spinning, time wasn't tranquil. Even though her heart felt solitary, Scout had to keep on living her life. She knew the importance of not letting your internal struggles deteriorate your outside battles, whether that be the return of the super villain that killed her parents, or the separation with the person who gave you endless joy and love. Both were hard, but in different ways. And she had to learn to get through things.

And so she did her duties as Scout Paxton. A week later, she invited Miles Morales to sit with her friend group, getting tired of watching him slip away during lunch to eat in the library. He was extroverted and fit in with her friends nicely, and Miles himself was more than grateful to have some people to interact with at school. Scout kept up with her studies, working even harder than before to try and beat Peter's grades. If he got an A, she arrived for an A+. If he raised his hand in class, she raised her's higher. She knew how juvenile it seemed, but it brought her some sort of closure, proving to herself that she was still who she was without him.