Stormy Night (Lirry)

The boys watched a scary movie that night; they decided to go off to bed. Luckily, (for Harry) Harry and Liam share a room. It was raging out, but nevertheless Harry forced himself to fall asleep.

LIAM POV

“Huh?” I mumbled as I was woken up by the thunder and something else. I disregarded it at first, but the sounds persisted so I tried to listen closely. It kind of sounded like someone was crying? Oh shit. Of course, the initial thought I had was it’s the girl from the movie we watched so I was about to join in the crying… but then I remembered I share this room with little Harry… Originally, Niall and Harry were supposed to room together, and I had a room to myself, but I didn’t really think it’s a brilliant idea to leave the two youngest together. I mean, ok, Niall’s just months younger than me, but Harry’s three years younger… you get what I mean. He’s still a baby and I just want to make sure he’s okay here.

I sat up and looked around the room, I looked towards the other bed and Harry was basically curled up in a ball, shaking under the covers. I decided to get up and go check on him.

“Harry? Harry it’s me, Liam.” I said quietly so as not to scare him. “Come on Hazza,” I tried more, but Harry wouldn’t budge, he just kept crying. Since talking to him wasn’t getting anywhere, and I didn’t want to leave Harry like that, I lifted the covers a bit and scooted closer to Harry, which was when I discovered a problem. I wasn’t sure at first, but after a couple of minutes I was pretty certain that Harry’s sheets were not only warm, but really wet… Knowing Harry for only a couple of weeks some people might have thought that I’d have left him by now, but I told you, he’s our baby and we need to take care of him. “Hey, Harry, it’s okay now,” I said, trying to calm him down once more. “There’s no need to cry.”

I tried rubbing Harry’s back for a couple of minutes, but I don’t know, I was itching to do something more so I gently lifted Harry and cradled him on my lap. I could feel Harry’s wet pants on my shorts, but those were the least of my concerns at the moment. “Shhh, it’s ok, you’re safe here, I won’t let anything hurt you, okay?” While trying to calm Harry down, I thought about the previous nights, the nights I’ve caught Harry up at ungodly hours… in the laundry room… this accident probably wasn’t just because of the movie nor the storm…

“I think we should get you cleaned up before going back to bed, hm?” I asked Harry once he calmed down to just sniffles. “I’ll help you clean up, don’t worry.” I immediately said when Harry whined a bit, probably too scared to go alone.

“I’m sorry Li.” Harry mumbled as I helped him stand up.

“There’s nothing to be sorry about.” I reassured Harry as I got up and stroked the hair away from his face. I wrapped an arm around the smaller boy and led him to the bathroom. Harry was still young, and he’s a mummy’s boy, plus he’s so innocent, which is probably why he’s alright with us being so protective over him. It was too late at night and too cold for a bath, so I decided to just let Harry shower in the bath tub.

“C’mon Haz.” I crouched down to be a bit level with Harry and helped him out of his wet clothes and into the tub. Harry let me clean him up so it’d be a lot faster, and also, I just wanted to show Harry that he’s safe with us and that we care about him. Simon was a bit reluctant to include Harry in our group, so we have to show him that he made the right choice and that Harry’s gonna be okay with us. When I finished up, I helped Harry stand up and wrapped a towel snuggly around his shoulders and helped him out of the tub. I know what I’m thinking of is a sensitive topic for Harry, but I really have to ask.

“Harry do you have… maybe something to wear at night..?” I asked Harry as we got back to our room. The look Harry gave me made me feel bad for asking, but I had to.

“You know?” Harry frowned, almost ready to cry.

“But it’s only me,” I said, crouching back down. “and I’m not gonna make fun of you for it, and neither will any of the other boys if they find out, okay?” I reassured him. “Harry it’s okay, I promise.” I tried not to straight on say that it’s ok he wets the bed because it might just upset him more.

“Mummy made me bring nappies…” Harry shyly whispered, looking down. I smiled a little at his cuteness, because really?! Can you imagine Harry saying that?!

“Is it okay if you wear your nappies at night starting now?” I gently asked him. “No one else has to know but us if you don’t want them to.” I told Harry, stroking back his hair. Harry’s lips quivered a bit at first, he looked a bit reluctant, but eventually Harry nodded his head. “Okay, you can go get ready by my bed while I clean up your bed, okay? But you sleep in my bed tonight, I want to make sure you’re alright.” I said, smiling at him. Harry gave me a small smile so I hugged him comfortingly before sending him off towards his bag. I got a change of clothes myself before stripping off Harry’s sheets. I could hear Harry shuffling around the room, but I tried not to look at him to give him privacy.

“Li..?” Harry was tugging at my shirt from behind, and sure enough Harry was already changed into a diaper and just one of his shirts. I smiled at how adorable he looked that moment.

“Yeah bud?” I asked, but Harry just shyly shook his head, he was probably just scared.

“C’mere, I’m almost done, ok?” I said in a comforting tone, bringing Harry closer just for comfort. When I was done fixing Harry’s bed, I told the boy to go to mine already. While he was walking I could tell his diaper was a bit loose around the waist and leg holes.

“Harry c’mon let’s fix your nappy it’s on too loose.” I gently said as we reached my bed.

“M’ sorry…” Harry mumbled as I grabbed him from under his shoulders and lay him down in the middle of my bed.

“It’s alright,” I said, removing the tabs from the diaper. “Does your mummy usually help you?” I asked, and Harry nodded in response. “You could have told me, you know. I don’t mind helping you.” I told him as I adjusted the diaper under him before bringing the front back up and taping it snuggly around his waist. Harry cringed when thunder struck again “It’s not gonna hurt you.” I gently said as I fixed Harry onto my bed.