1

Henry's POV:

This was probably the smallest town in our state. Everyone knows each other and word travels fast. Everyone at school knows each other which isn't in my opinion, a good thing.

I've been at Marxian High for all four years and there's only four months left of this year. I can't wait to get out and away. I like my friends a lot but there are other people that drive me crazy.

"Kay, see ya." I hollered to my mom who was upstairs. "Bye Henry be back at a decent hour or crash somewhere." She hollered again but I didn't answer.

I grabbed a brown coat to throw over my hoodie since it was March and still cold. It was 7:00 pm and already dark.

My friends Mike and Jared pulled up with music blaring from their car.
"Take any longer Henry let's fuckin' go!" They yelled laughing.

"I'm here drive idiots!" I said hopping in as we drove off to some party.

"You're girl Meriah's gonna be there." Mike teased. "Kay, lemme out of this car, just drop me on the side of the road i'll walk." I said shaking my head as they laughed.

Meriah Stamperson and is a girl that drives me absolutely insane. I can't stand her. She's peppy, dramatic and annoying. She thinks she's the shit always walking around like she's the queen, usually carrying a purse on her arm and loves to annoy the shit out of me. We've known each other since we used to be neighbors which was a while back but last year she moved to the next street over thank god. Apparently I drive her insane too but we don't get along. We're enemies... maybe frienemies I don't know, it's always been that way. She doesn't like my my friends and they don't like her. Our personalities don't go if I say one little joke about how stubborn she is she goes off! She's insane and I can't stand her. Part of the reason I can't wait to get out of this town is because people tease us that we're a thing.

"Common she's your girl."

"Will you guys shut up we don't even get along and never will. She's... so annoying." I shook my head.

"We'll see about that

"We'll see about that."

We pulled up to the party and walked inside and there she was with her girly friends. She saw me walk in a gave me a sarcastic smirk as she continued talking.

Through out the night we saw talked with a bunch of people but no matter what Meriah and I somehow always end crossing paths

"Isn't past your bed time?" She walked up to me with her eyebrows raised with a drink in her hand.

"Isn't it past yours?" I sarcastically smiled back already annoyed. She rolled her eyes and looked down smiling shaking her head.

"No actually its not

"No actually its not." She said her annoying sarcastic voice. I just thought it was yours since you decided to show up with your looser friends." she looked at them.

"Yeah well my friends aren't losers Meriah, yours are and they're annoying as hell."

"Whatever Henry." She rolled her eyes. "Your not denying it!" I laughed. "Doesn't mean I'm admitting it!" she half laughed.

"Why are you guys here anyway, do you even talk to John-Luke?" I changed the subject.

"Do you?"

"I asked you first." I challenged.

She stood there crossing her arms rolling her eyes. "Stop being so irrelevant."

"You're irreleveant! You came up to me for no reason!" I said almost in a laugh. "You're so annoying!"

Usually she would say something back but she just stood there. "Oh Henry..." she said shaking her head with a small fake smile.

"What?"

"What?"

"We have four months left of highschool together. Are we ever going to get along?"

Jared, Mike and a couple other guys were coming up to us. I instantly turned away from Meriah not wanting them to see we were talking.

"Sup." I said to them trying to play it cool.

"What about you?" Jared smirked. Jared and Mike didn't like her either. I turned back to look at her quickly as we were walking away. I saw her quickly turn away with her gold blonde hair flipping behind her.