4

Meriah's POV:

On Wednesday night I dug up my my Great Gatsby stuff from last semester since that was the book Henry was "reading".

"What's all this?" my mom said coming into my room. "Gatsby. Great Gatsby." I said getting up from my knees sitting on my bed.

"It's for Henry he needs help." I rolled my eyes. "Henry?"

"Yeah I know you're confused. So am I. He just needs my help to bring his mark back up."

"But you two can't stand each other. Did he ask you?"

"Yes he did. Surprisingly."

My mom shook her head. "What an interesting boy."

"That's for sure." I half smiled as she walked out.

The next day I went to the library to help Henry and he was almost a half hour late. At 4:30 he walked in with his brown jacket and his books.

"Where the hell were you?!" I said pissed as hell. "Shh, Meriah were in a library." He said trying to be funny.

"I don't care Henry. Where were you? I've been sitting here for a half an hour," I said in gritted teeth. "and texted you three times. Did you forget we were meeting?"

"Uh, yeah sort of I was with Jared and Mike and a couple others guys we were talking and I didn't realize the time." he said scratching the back of his neck.

"Okay, so what do you say to someone when you've kept them waiting for a half an hour wasting their time?!"

"Okay, sorry! I'm sorry now will you stop being so dramatic!"

"Are you seriously gonna pull that now? I'm the one helping you forget it good luck." I said pissed about to get up.

"No, Meriah, stop, seriously, I'm sorry I'm late

"No, Meriah, stop, seriously, I'm sorry I'm late. Please. I really need your help." He begged.

It was taking everything in me not to leave. He was such an idiot.

"You've been warned." I calmly sat back down and threatened. "One more idiotic thing Henry, and your on your own."

"Kay, no more idiotic things now lets start."

I sighed and put my book back down on the table and started helping him study for his test

I sighed and put my book back down on the table and started helping him study for his test. After about an hour I had to go home.

"You sure you get this?" I asked sincerely looking in his brown eyes. "Yeah, thanks." he said picking up his bag. "We went an hour without killing each other." I laughed a little playing holes of my black sweater. "Yeah well you almost did kill me when I got here but I know why. I'd say it wasn't the worst hour of my life." he said running his hand through his brown hair. "Alright I gotta go, see ya around."

"Bye." I said as I watched him head home.