18

Meriah's POV:

On the weekend I ignored all of Henry's texts and calls until it drove me crazy that I finally texted him back. He seemed thrilled that I answered him so he told me we needed to talk. I didn't believe because it was the same bullshit every time but he was convincing enough when he told me to meet outside of his house on Sunday night.

I threw on a grey cardigan over my thin yellow top. The air was warm considering it was 10:30 at night. I waited outside his house, it was 10:30 just like he said.

'I'm outside.' I sent. I stood there waiting with my phone in my hand. A few moments later he came out. I hated him and I loved him and I hated myself for loving him. He looked so good in even dark lighting coming out with his burgundy pullover hood on.

"Meriah, I'm so happy you're here you have no idea." I stood there glaring at him. Not with a bitchy glare but with glare of hurt. I put my phone in my pocket and crossed my arms as I shivered from the slight breeze.

"Okay... Meriah please just hear me out don't take off or anything, if you need to say anything just say it."

"Go on." I said pretending I wasn't curious about what he'd say.

"First of all I know I've fucked up big time

"First of all I know I've fucked up big time. I know I hurt your feelings many times and I feel really shitty about it. I know that sounds like bullshit but I really do. I want you to know that I am so sorry for everything and that I don't hate you and I don't know if this is stupid to ask but what made you cry in the car? You said there's something I didn't understand and that there was something about you." I noticed he had stepped closer to me.

It's like he was a different person

It's like he was a different person. I've never seen him this sincere with anyone before. I felt butterflies in my stomach he was looking right into my eyes. There's no way I could tell him how I felt. I felt eyes tear up again.

"It's nothing really."

"Tell me." He said.

"Henry I can't." I shook my head as my voice chocked. He looked even more concerned. "Meriah it's making you cry you have to tell me!"

I stood there wiping tears with the sleeve of my cardigan. I didn't even care if my mascara was ruined.

"But why do you care? You barely even like me as a friend. Why do you care about me at all?"

"Because... I just do." He said as he was closer to me. My heart pounded in my chest. I was really in love with this boy.

 I was really in love with this boy