3

Henry's POV:  

This day was really not my day. I got my English test back and apparently I had failed it.

"The hell is this?" I said starting at it in disgust.

I wasn't a 90s guy but I usually did okay in English getting high 70s. This was the first thing I failed in English.

"It's alright man you'll be fine." Jared patted me. "Not really. This is gonna bring me down a lot."

I understood why I got what I got cause I didn't really study much for this one. But that would mean I'd have to get an 80 something on the next one to get it back up.

"Shit I've never gotten an 80 and I have to get one on the next one or I'm screwed, what do I do?"

"Actually study for the next one but if you need to get a higher mark get someone smart to help you."

That was a good point. But I didn't know how I'd just randomly ask someone all of a sudden to help me with one random test. They would think I'd be needing a tutor but I only needed help for this one test and I couldn't let my parents know they'd whip my ass so I decided to figure it out later.

At the end of the day this test mark thing wasn't really bothering me until other people in my class were talking about it and it started bothering me again. I didn't want to ask anyone without feeling embarrassed so only one idea came to my mind.

Ask Meriah for help.

She was the only person I could think of that does well in English and she wasn't even in my class.

I sighed at my own thought but this was the best thing to do. I saw that I still had her number from along time ago and texted her saying to meet me outside after school. I didn't expect to actually go through with this but it was worth a try. Ten minutes later she showed.

"Henry are you sure you texted the right person?" She almost laughed surprised. "Yes Meriah can we just get to this please?" I said not wanting to see her be dramatic. "Henry if your just going to be a shit I'm leaving." She said already getting heated. "No, no, stop sorry." I stopped her from turning around. "Kay I've been doing okay in my English class getting 70s and whatever but I failed the test we just had cause I didn't study."

"And you're telling me this because..."

"I know your good at this stuff so I need your help to study for the next one because I'm gonna need at least an 80 something on it to bring back up

"I know your good at this stuff so I need your help to study for the next one because I'm gonna need at least an 80 something on it to bring back up."

She stood there arms crossed and tilted her head at me.

"I don't expect you to agree to this Meriah, but I thought I'd try."

She continued to stand there debating it and sighed.

"Fine."

"Yes! Thank you! I'll pay you."

"Henry stop."

I was seriously gonna give her 20 bucks.

"I just don't know how this will work if we can't get along."

"Guess we'll have to get along then." I shrugged. "But I thought you hated me." She said. "I don't hate you I just don't like you. There's a difference." I looked in her eyes for a minute knowing she felt the same. "Okay where do you want to meet up and when when's your next test?"

"The end of the week. So we can go to the library Thursday."

"Okay is that all?"

"Yep." I said popping the p. "I hope this works. Goodbye Henry." She walked away with the clapping sound of her heel shoes on the pavement. "Me too. See ya." I watched her walk away.