21

Henry's POV:

It was 12:00 when Meriah decided to leave.

"I still can't believe this." She laughed in a whisper as I walked her out.
"Yeah I can't either." I laughed too.

"Seriously, we hated each other... and now look where we are." She said.

Maybe we were meant to be all along and we just didn't know it.

"I know. I'm glad this happened though. Really." I said moving one of gold blond pieces of hair from her face. "Me too." She said reaching for my hands and kissed me.

She was so perfect. I looked into her blue eyes and asked her if she'd be with me and as odd as it was for both of us she said yes.

"I should walk you home."

"No Henry you're gonna get in trouble."

"I don't care." I laughed "I don't you can't just walk this late by yourself."

"Thank you but I'll be fine. Remember I'm just the street over."

"Fine but lemme know when you're home."

"I will." She winked, her gold hair flipping as she turned walking down the drive way.

I loved when she winked like that

I loved when she winked like that. She never did it to me but I always saw her do it to her friends. It was so attractive.

I went to bed that that night without being able to sleep. I still didn't go through my head that I liked Meriah Stamperson and that now she was my girlfriend. The girl who I've hated since as long as I can remember was now the girl I loved most. 

The next day I decided not to tell my friends about Meriah and leave it as a surprise.

It was the last basketball game of the season for school. I sat in the bleachers with Jared and Mike waiting for Meriah to walk in with out them knowing which was why I left an extra bit of space on the bench.

"Guys," I said. They looked at me.

"I just wanted to say sorry, Mike, for shoving you. I just didn't like what you said... about Meriah."

"Its cool man. I understand it was kind of a dick thing to say. If you like her I support."

"Thanks." I smiled.

Some more whistle blasts and cheering went on.

"So does she know?" Jared said.

"Uh huh." I smiled resting my forearms on the edge of my thighs.

"So is it true? Does she like you back?"

I smiled when Meriah walked in, we all turned heads and my smile got bigger.

They were a little confused

They were a little confused. She saw us, smiled and walked over too us. She squeezed through other people that were sitting and came up and sat beside me.

"Hi, wha'd I miss?" She said sitting down next to me

"Hi, wha'd I miss?" She said sitting down next to me. I grabbed her hand. Jared and Mike were leaned forward watching all of this in disbelief but in a bad way.

"Absolutely nothing. I said grabbing her hand."

"Hi, Jared, hi, Mike." She said. "Hey." They said at the same time with smiles.

In fact they were jealous and I sure was lucky to have this girl sitting next to me and we did it, we stopped hating each other before the end of high school.

The End!