{14}

"EVAN!" I shouted, hearing his scream and seeing the door press itself against him.

I watched in horror as it crushed him, I winced when I was smashed against my door. The air bags came late. Fuck those stupid shit bags. I groaned, feeling blood dripping from my nose. I looked over at Evan, his airbag was splattered with blood.

"EVAN!! NO!" I struggled to unbuckle my seatbelt, finally I unbuckled and scrambled over to Evan.

I pushed the bloody air bag away and looked at him. His lip was bleeding, he also has a bloody nose, and he.. he..

I tried to hold back a sob. I placed my hand over my mouth, holding back my scream.

His chest..

The metal stabbed him in the chest. He's dead.

He's dead.

Evan is dead.

No. No. No.

I screamed, "EVAN- no..." I was cut off by my whimper. I broke down. I shook him, trying to get him to wake up. My best friend is dead and I killed him.

No. I didn't kill him.

That bastard did.

I growled and kicked open the door, ignoring my throbbing arm and chest. I stomped out of the car, wincing at first I walked over to the car who crashed into my car. I swung open the drivers door and glared at the man behind the air bag. He looked up at me. He's drunk. I could smell the beer.

"WHAT THE HELL MAN?!" I shouted.

He looked at me, slurred something I didn't hear and grinned. I growled and walked to his back tire and kicked at it, shouting.

"YOU KILLED MY BEST FRIEND! YOU KILLED HIM! KILLED HIM!"

I heard the ambulance before I saw it.

The man stepped out and growled at me, "Don't touch my carrr."

"Don't touch your car?! Fuck you! You fucking bastard! You killed my best fucking friend! I hate you! Burn in hell you ass face!" I growled back at him, pointing a finger into his chest.

The drunk man glared at me and punched my left eye. Damn that hurt. I took a step back and growled, looking back up at him.

I swung my arm into his cheek, I felt a crunch. I broke his jaw. Good job Jared. I thought, grinning to myself.

I saw someone step between us and push us away from each other. It was some ambulance dude.

I had to explain what happened to him after desperately asking if Evan was dead. Turned out he was just unconscious. Thank god. The ambulance rushed away with Evan. Another one came to get me and that drunken bastard. I fell asleep in the ambulance, wishing this was all a bad.. no.. horrible dream. But of course it isn't.

~~~

When I woke up it was late noon. That's what the nurse said. I heard screaming and sobbing in the room next to me. That must be Evan's room. I was told he was in the room next to me. I yawned and sat up, instantly regretting it. I groaned and held onto my chest. I must've broke a few ribs. I looked at my left arm. It was bandaged up, and in a sling. I think I broke it. I wonder if anyone will write their name in big letters on it then I'll get a lover. I grin to myself then laugh.

Me? Get a lover from a broken arm? Haha funny joke. Hansen might be able to pull it off but not me.

I heard the slam of a door and I flinched. I rubbed my eyes and realized I could barely see. Huh, no wonder I felt like something was missing. I look at the table to my right and see my glasses sitting there. I smiled and grabbed them, quickly slipping them on right as I heard my door open.

Turning around I see Connor. Looking less edgy then normal. His eyes were red and puffy and his knuckles were bleeding. He looked at me before tying his hair up into a messy bun.

"Connor." I said.

"Jared.." he mumbled, walking to a chair in the room and sitting down.

"What brings you to my lovely castle?" I grin, yawning.

"Evan's mom is in Evan's room and she wanted me out. So I thought I'd come by here to calm down."

"You seem pretty calm."

"Well I'm not." Connor said, looking down.

"Ok. So... I'm uh.. sorry about Evan.. I didn't mean-"

"Shut up." He growled.

"W-what?"

"Shut up." He growled louder.

"Why-?"

"BECAUSE! It's not your fault ya know?! It's that shit bag drunk guys fault!" He yelled, looking at me, tears brimming his eyes.

I bit my lip and look away. I felt tears start to build up in my eyes. I let them come. He was my best friend. No. He is my best friend and I couldn't even drive him safely to a family diner!

"..your right.." I mumble, clenching my fists at the bed sheets.

"I am."

I look up at him and try to choke back a sob.

"Why did that have to happen? Why?"

"I don't know. But .. Jared..?" Connor looks at me.

"Yeah?" I ask, sniffling.

"Thank you." He says, wiping his eyes.

"W-what?" I ask, shocked.

"Thank you for trying to save him. Thank you for crying over him. Thank you for.. for beating the shit out of that man!" He said the last part louder and grinning.

I laughed, "I only broke his jaw!"

"Same thing!" Connor laughed.

I liked this. I was bonding with my besties boyfriend (wink wink). It was nice. Just laughing with him, like we been friends for a long time. No wonder Evan likes him so much. This is a side of Connor I've never seen.

~~~

And now after 2 chapters of misery I give you light!! (Ps the light is Jared XD) Sorry but this was a filler chapter! I hoped you like Jared's point of view! I actually liked writing his point of view so expect more in the future!!

~Fro