{22}

Today it was Connor's turn to go to school. I was sleeping on the couch when he came and woke me up.

"Hey, what the hell happened to your face?" He says, shaking my shoulder.

I groaned, there must've been a bruise on my shoulder. "Dude you look like someone beat the shit out of you during the night. Where's your glasses?"

"...in the car." I mumble, eyes closed.

"Open your eyes and sit up. Look at me Jared. What. The. Hell. Happened." He says firmly.

I groan at the sudden pain but sit up, I slowly open my eyes and rub at them. I look up at Connor. His hair was down and he was wearing a gray Fall Out Boy shirt with a black flannel over, and of course his black jeans and converse. His bag was slung over his shoulder and he was crouching in front of me.

"Rick.. and Josh.. they, Connor they made fun of Evan and you and I ...they did it." I say, shaking slightly at remembering yesterday.

Connor looked away then looked back at me. "Have Evan help you with taking care of yourself. I gotta go to school.. and kick ass."

I weakly smiled at him, "Thanks, give 'em a nice punch for me."

He smiled and ruffles my already messy hair and stands, grabbing his dark gray jacket. He slipped it on then slung his back pack on his shoulder. He took a few steps to the door then turned around, "I'm gonna pick up Chinese, you ok with that?"

"Yeah." I mumble, gingerly touching the space around my left eye.

He nods then walks to the door, "Bye!" Connor says, walking out.

Before we fell asleep last night I helped them with their homework so Connor could turn it all in today. That's how our system works.

I sat there for a bit before I stood, regretting it instantly at the pain all over my body. Grumbling, I make my way to the stairs. It took a lot of groaning and curses to finally make it up the stairs to Evan's room. I looked to where he was sleeping.

One side of the bed was messed up as if someone was sleeping there. That's where Connor slept. Evan's back was to me and he was slightly in the spot where Connor slept.

I stumbled over, "Evan..?"

He moved slightly and then went still again. I stumbled to the bed then flopped down half on top him half next to him. He made a squeaking noise and quickly sat up. I heard him sigh when he saw me.

"Jared, god you scared me!" He says, probably looking at me.

I wrap my arm around his waist and burry my face in his pillow. "Sorry."

"Huh?" Evan says, head getting closer to my face. Probably so he could hear me.

"I said sorry." I say louder.

"Oh, yeah it's ok. What are you doing up here? I thought you'd want to sleep in."

"Connor woke me up cause my face is shit."

"... That's the reason he woke you up? To tell you your face looks like-.." I lifted my head up and he cut himself off when he saw me.

The lighting in the room was still dark but it was lighted just enough to see my black eye.

"Jared oh my god! What happened?" He says, holding my cheeks with both of his hands.

"Rick and Josh."

"Your friends?"

"Ex-friends. Those guys can go rot in hell." I growl lightly.

"They beat you up?"

I shrug, "Only cause I threatened them after they insulted you and Connor."

Evan shook his head and smiled slightly, "You should've just ignored them."

"Kinda hard to when they're pressing you against the locker."

"Oh Jared." Evan sighs, "Can you take me to the bathroom? I'll clean you up in there."

"Yeah sure, princess." I smile, crawling off the bed and grabbing Evan.

I held him bridle style and walked to the bathroom with him.

"Ya know, if me and Connor are just gonna have to be hauling you all over the place, you gotta make sure you don't gain any pounds."

Evan lightly hit my chest, "Shut up Jared. I'm not going to be like this forever. I'll be able to walk again."

"I'm sure you will." I smile and set him on the bathroom counter.

I end up getting him the stuff he needs to patch me up. I take off my shirt and he started to clean my back. They punched so hard the skin ripped and I didn't even notice. I hope I didn't get blood on the couch.

I had grabbed an ice pack before coming back to him. Placing the ice on my left eye, I wince at the cold. Evan was humming a tune to a song as I stood there, holding the ice to my eye.

"Evan?"

"Hm?"

"You said you'll be able to walk again... how?"

"The doctor said something about a surgery where they'd enforce my legs with metal. I'm gonna talk about it with my mom wether or not we should do this."

"Huh, so you'll be like Ironman?"

"Yes Jared, I'll be exactly like Ironman." Evan laughs.

It was awhile before he finished. I had badges all over my chest and back. I quickly slipped my shirt back on and put the ice to my face. I look over to Evan. I shook my head slightly and walked back over to him, wrapping my arm around his waist and holding him up. I started to walk, it was a little difficult since Evan couldn't move his legs. I dragged him down the stairs and set him on the chair where he sat last night.

I sat on the couch and turned the T.V. on then started to look through the channels.

"Hey Ev? What to you want for breakfast? I can cook."

"Hm.. pancakes?" Evan smiles at me.

"Yeah sure. I'll start right now." I say, throwing the remote at him and standing. He catches it and starts flipping through channels.

~~~

"Guys I'm home!"

I hear Connor's shout ring through the house. Me and Evan were sitting on his bed, I was scrolling through Instagram while he was watching something on his laptop.

I shove my phone into my pocket and jump up, picking Evan up and walking slowly down the stairs. My eyesight was blurry still since I didn't have my glasses. I managed to get Evan down the stairs and set him at the table.

Connor was in the kitchen, getting the food out. His hair was tied up, and his back was to us. Evan smiled at him and I grinned, getting cups and filling them with Pepsi from the fridge.

I set the cups down in front of everyone's spots and sat down as Connor put the food in front of us. We all quickly started to dig in.

"Oh Jared? Those two guys? They wont mess with you again. Well at least I hope so." Connor says, pulling out chopsticks and setting them into his hand.

I chuckled slightly, "Thanks."

"Yeah no problem." He shrugs starting to eat.

I smile and start to eat as well, enjoying being in their company.

~~~

~Fro