{24}

Evan had fallen asleep in my arms once Mrs. Hansen had left a few minutes earlier. I was currently playing with his (now) longer hair. He hadn't gotten it cut in awhile so I was enjoying it. I was in the middle of a braid when Jared and Mrs. Hansen came into the living room, they were in the middle of a conversation.

"-should make brownies or something. I like brownies." Jared says.

"I think I bought some brownie mix. Can you go check hon?" Mrs. Hansen smiles at him, and he nods.

"Yeah, be right back." Jared says, walking back into the kitchen.

Mrs. Hansen turns to me and smiles then sits down in the chair and sighs. I smile at her and continue to make tiny braids in Evan's hair.

"So Connor..?" She says, I look back at her.

I had made at least 12 braids in his hair, I was working on the 13th.

"Hm?" I hum, looking at her.

"You and Evan, your dating?" She looks down to Evan, smiling.

"Yeah.." I smile down at Evan but quickly look back at her, "I-it's okay, right?"

I know Evan said that she knew about us, but .. I don't know, I guess I just need the closure. I just need her to tell me it's okay.

"Yeah. Yes, yes of course. Sure, it's a little weird for me but I accept it. Besides, you're a very sweet boy Connor." She looks back up at me and smiles.

"You have no idea." I mutter, smiling to myself.

"Hm, what did you say, honey?" She says, giving me a very curious look.

I shake my head, "Oh it's nothing, I just said thanks."

"Oh, okay." She smiles and looks back down to Evan. I purse my lips, slightly missing the feeling of a cig in my mouth.

"Mrs. Han- I mean, Heidi... uh when do you go back to work?" I ask, looking back up at her.

She quickly looks up at me, her face a mixture of hurt and suspiscion. I quickly realize what I had just said. My face heats up and I quickly wave my hands.

"Uh- no I uh... I didnt mean it that way!"

"Oh, I can't believe I thought of that. I'm so sorry, Connor." She sighs, shaking her head slightly.

"No no, it's not your fault for thinking anything bad about what I said. I should've worded it differently. Sorry." I say quickly.

"Well, to answer your question. I go back around 3." She says, looking back down to Evan.

"3pm?" I ask.

She shook her head, "No, 3am."

"Oh, then you need to get some sleep! It's already 10:30." I say, furrowing my eyebrows.

She shrugs, "I guess you're right, Connor. Tell Evan I love him and I'll try to see him as soon as I can."

Mrs. Hansen stands up and walks over to me and Evan, leans down and lightly places a kiss to Evan's forehead. I smile at the sight, then look back at her, she smiles at me then starts to walk towards the stairs.

"Goodnight Connor, oh and don't stay up too late, you have school tomorrow," She says quietly, walking up the stairs.

Part of me wanted to point out that I wasn't the one going to school tomorrow, Jared was, but I shrugged it off. I looked back down to Evan and smiled at his face. He looks so peaceful, or maybe... does everyone look peaceful when they sleep?

I sat there for about 20 more minutes before I smelt something delicious. Evan's head was filled with tiny braids sticking up all over the place, damn I can't wait to see him lift his head up. Quietly chuckling to myself, I stop, smelling that sweet aroma again.

"Hey I made brown-... Where's Mrs. Hansen?" Jared asks, standing in the doorway to the living room.

"She went to bed, why?" I say, looking at him.

"I made brownies." He slightly pouts, puffing his cheeks out.

"Oh, yum. Uh Jared? Could you bring me some, kinda got a tree boy on top of me." I say, laghing a little.

Jared shakes his head, grinning and disappears back into the kitchen to (I hope) get me some brownies. I smile and lean back, wrapping my arms around Evan, pulling him closer to me. I felt him moving a little and looked at him, his eyes fluttered open and he yawned.

"... Did someone make brownies?" He asks slowly, sitting up in my lap.

I tried to stiffle a laugh but then Jared walked in and burst out in laughter, which made me start laughing.

Evan looked between both of us, "W-what? What's w-wrong?"

"YOUR HAIR!" Jared laughs, one hand clutching his stomach the other holding a small plate with brownies.

"My h-hair?" Evan says slowly, gingerly toching it. His eyes went wide when he felt all the braids. He quickly looks at me, "What did you do?'

My laughter had finally slowed down, jeez now my mouth hurts from smiling too much, and my stomach hurt from laughing. Or was it my lungs that hurt? I shrugged it off and looked at Evan, "I made you pretty."

Evan shakes his head and smiles, "God, Connor. Remind me to not fall asleep on you again."

I pout, "What? Nooo."

"Yay my very own drama movie!" I hear Jared say.

Evan shakes his head and starts to laugh, "Both of you are so weird."

"Why thank you." I say, smiling again. I feel like my face is going to be stuck in a permanent smile for forever.

~~~

"Jared?"

I look over to Connor. He had just gotten back from putting Evan upstairs. Evan had eaten some brownies then yawned and both Connor and I decided he should go to bed.

"Hm?" I hummed, blinking a few times in his direction. Jesus my eyes hurt from not wearing my glasses in so long.

"Tomorrow you're not going to school. I am." Connor says, holding a book and sitting down next to me on the couch.

"What?! Why?" I say, quickly turning myself so I was looking at him.

"Because. You need to go to the eye doctor and get new glasses. So, I'll go to school tomorrow. Oh and you might as well take Evan to get his hair cut or he'll end up getting the "school shooter" look, like me."

I roll my eyes, "You do look like a school shooter."

"Yeah yeah." He lightly shoved my shoulder.

I lean back into the cushions and sigh, "Fine. You can go to school tomorrow."

"Besides you need the rest, let your body heal after that beating." He looks at me then smiles and opens his book to a marked page.

"What are you reading?" I ask, leaning closer to his book.

"Game of Thrones." He responds simply.

"Huh, isn't that a show? Filled with like... death and sex?" I ask, thinking about that.

"Yup." He says, popping the 'p'.

I shake my head but smile, Connor reads smut. That weirdo.

~~~

~Fro