{30}

I just got back home from buying all of this cat stuff. I opened the door and grabbed my keys, then shoved my wallet in my pants pocket. I grabbed the two bags I had and started walking.

I stopped mid way, where was the cat? I looked around then realized he was still on my shoulder but now he was sleeping. I smile and walk through the garage into the house. This way I'd have a better chance of getting to my room without anyone seeing.

I made it too my room and closed the door. Quickly setting up the small litter box on the side of my bed hidden from the door, I grab some small toys and set them there also with the shirt. The black fur ball was sitting on my bed watching me, tail flicking from side to side as I set up a small fluffy dark gray bed next to mine.

I got out a two small dishes, grabbed the bag of food and poured some food into one of the dishes. I grabbed a water bottle, and this one was filled with water, and poured some into the other small dish.

I leaned back against my bed and smiled. All the stuff he needs to live. I heard movement and looked to my side to see him playing with my pony tail. I winced as he pulled my hair but smiled slightly then checked the time.

10:37.

Well better go. I grab the small cat and look at him for awhile before he lurches forward and licks my nose.

Jesus this cat acts like a dog.

I smiled and set him down by the food so he could eat. He stared at it before starting to eat. After a couple minutes he stopped and looked at me. I smiled and picked him up, along with my slightly ripped Foo Fighter shirt that is apparently his favorite thing to play with.

I put him under my shirt along with the old band shirt and grabbed the ear muffs I had thrown to the floor. I put the ear muffs on and walked out of my room and grabbed my keys.

"Mom I'm going to the hospital! Bye!" I call before walking outside to my car.

I jumped in and started it, then drove out of the driveway. I chuckled slightly when I felt the cat moving out from my shirt. His head popped out of the head hole where my neck was. I smiled down at him but looked back at the road.

That's when I realized I haven't named him yet. I can't just keep calling him 'the cat' or 'black fur ball'. Black fur ball can be his nickname I decide. Maybe I can ask Jared what I'll name him. He can help.

Soon I arrived at the hospital and pushed black's head down back into my shirt and turned the car off. Grabbing my keys I opened the door and closed it.

I quickly walked into the lobby then said I was a visiter and that I knew where I was going. I walked towards Evan's room, trying to contain this wild animal in my shirt.

Fur ball was pressing his claws against my chest, it didn't hurt much but tickled a little. He keep squirming around.

"I know, I know. You'll be out soon." I mumble.

When I reached Evan's room Jared was already sitting there, looking at his phone.

"Kleinman."

Jared turns at the sound of my voice, grins, then rolls his eyes. Ignoring my greeting he jumps up and bounds towards me, "Guess what, shooter!"

"Don't call me 'shooter' ever again. What?" I say, holding onto the kitten.

"A doctor said we can talk with Evan. They finished one of his legs yesterday and are going to work on his other today! The doc went in there just a couple minutes ago. Once he comes out we can go in!" Jared says excitingly.

I instantly feel so much better, I get to see Ev. No, I get to see him awake. Which is so much better than just seeing him.

"Really?" Even I could hear the break in my voice.

"No need to get emotional Con, it's just your boyfriend." Jared grins and lightly hits my chest where fur ball's head was.

He let out a yelp and Jared was confused and looked at my chest.

"Did your nipples just yelp..?" He asks slowly.

"Holy fuck no." I groan, then hold back a gasp as he starts to scramble around, claws scratching at my chest.

His head pops out of the head hole and Jared looks at him with eyes wide.

"Oh ... my... god..." he murmurs. Jared takes off his glasses and rubs his eyes then puts his glasses back on. He grins and looks at me.

"Sorry I've always wanted to do that. Ok back to the cat in your shirt. Uhh what the hell?"

"I found him last night outside my house. My parents and Zoe don't know. I decided to keep him. I brought him here to show you." I say, scratching behind his ear as fur ball mews the purrs.

I hear a click and look at Jared, holding his phone. I roll my eyes.

"That is the cutest fucking thing I've ever seen in my entire life." Jared says quietly, looking at the photo I'm sure.

"Shut up Jared." I shake my head and walk over to a seat by Evan's door and sit down.

Jared sits down next to me and mutters, "This is so going on all of my social media."

I continue scratching and petting black's head as he kept purring loudly.

Then both of us turned as the door opened.

A doctor stepped out and looked at both of us. It was Doctor Herman. He looked at the cat but winked and didn't say anything to me.

I smiled and both Jared and I were leaning towards him.

"Evan's awake. You can go see him now."

~~~

~Fro