Forgive Me (Prologue)

Hey guys! this is Forgive Me by Cheesehead:)

My new cover was created by Chelks! awesome isnt it?? well shes awesoome 2!! hahaha soo ur gona hav 2 continue reading in order 2 understand the cover!! I love how she did this too! So clever! ahaha so keep reading nd ull get why the cover is lik tht;)

COMMENT

VOTE

FAN

SHARE?

cheesehead<3

Prologue

Jackie

The ladybug moved across my bookshelf. I crouched down, and watched it intently. When I was younger, my Dad used to tell me that you can tell how old a ladybug was by how many black spots it had on its back.

He told me that before he left.

My brother, Jordan, walked by my room, and then came to a stop. "Jackie," He laughed, "What're you doing?"

"Looking," I mused.

"Freak," Jordan laughed, and then went down the hall, and into his room. I rolled my eyes, because I really didn't care what my older brother thought. He was just some stupid jock. He didn't look at the little things in life.

The lady bug slowly continued down my bookshelf. I followed it. "Jackie," My Mom called.

"What?" I yelled.

"Get down here," She ordered.

"One minute," I said, still looking at the ladybug.

"Now," She snapped.

How could she have the right of ordering me around? She was an awful Mother, so where did she get the right to boss me around? She didn't even like being called Mom, and she smoked like no other. "Jacqueline," She screamed.

"I said I'd be there in a minute," I shouted. I sighed, and continued to look at the ladybug. I didn't want to tear my eyes away from it. I wanted to make sure it was safe, and got into the outside world safely.

There was a shadow hanging over me. I didn't really notice it, until a cigarette bud came crashing down on the ladybug's body. Crushing it, and then killing the poor bug. I looked up in horror, and saw my Mom hanging over me.

"What was that for?" I growled.

"When I call you the first time," She snapped, "You come. Got that? You don't sit up here watching insects."

"What do you want," I cried.

"You're not seriously crying over a dead bug, are you?" She laughed. I quickly wiped away any tears that fell from my eyes.

"What do you want?" I repeated.

"I want you to take Julie to the park," She ordered, "And I want you to do it now."

"I have homework," I told her.

"Well it didn't look like you had homework when you were watching that stupid bug," Mom snapped, "Now go!"

"What if she doesn't want to go," I countered, standing up, and putting my hands on my hips.

"What if the house gets hit by a meteor," She retorted, "Either way, I don't care."

Mom stormed out of the room. She left me standing there with my hands on my hips, and a dead ladybug by my side. I silently promised the bug that'd I'd be back to give it a proper burial. I walked out of my room not happy.

I stormed downstairs.

Mom was sitting on the couch, smoking, like she normally did. "Good girl," She smiled, when she saw me, and then went back to watching her program.

I walked over to the play room where Julie would be. She was sitting on the floor, giggling, and playing with one of her older brothers. "Mom's making me take her to the park," I grumbled.

Jason looked up at me, and gave me a fake smile. "Come on Jack," He smiled, "It's not that bad. She's really cute."

Julie smiled, and giggled. She stood up, and pulled on Jason's hair. "Hey squirt," He laughed, "What do you think you're doing?" Julie laughed again, and pulled harder.

"Come on Jull," I sighed, "Let's go to the park." She looked up at me, and smiled a toothless smile. I couldn't help but crack a small smile too.

"See," Jason smiled, "She's a cutie."

I scooped her into my arms, and held her on my hip. "We'll be back," I sighed. Jason gave me a small smile, and then stood up. He patted my shoulder, and was gone before I could beg him to take her.

I walked with Julie through the house. Mom was sitting on the couch, smoking. James was sitting in the kitchen, eating a sandwich, Jordan and Jason were upstairs, and Jonathan was sitting on the opposite couch, across from Mom. I just sighed, and walked out of the house.

"Wait," Mom called.

"What is it?" I grumbled, turning around to see my Mom in the doorway.

"Put her in the stroller," Mom ordered, "Maybe she'll fall asleep. That would mean so much less work for me."

Who was she kidding? I was the one who put Julie to bed. My Mom hardly helped put Julie to sleep. It was all me, and sometimes Jason. "Whatever," I grumbled, and then grabbed the stroller that was on the front lawn.

Julie squirmed in my arms. "No," She cried, "No, no, no."

"Please Julie," I begged, "It's only for a little."

I had to wrestle Julie into the stroller, and even when she was in, she almost slipped out. I rushed to the park, walking swiftly, and making sure Julie didn't fall out of the stroller.

When we reached the park, I let her go, and she ran onto the things that must have seemed huge to her. She was so little, although, I wasn't that big either. I was only five. Julie and I were about four years apart. It was a big difference, but you never knew with Mom. She was confusing, and kept many secrets.

I'm not saying I didn't love my sister, because I did, and I was glad to have a sister, with all the brothers I had. I was just wishing that Julie had been born sooner, so we could be a little closer in age.

"Jakay, Jakay," Julie called, picking up the gravel.

"No, no, Julie," I laughed, and started walking towards her. She was so small and adorable. I thought for some reason, I couldn't see her. Where did she go?

I looked around, but everything was blurry. "Honey, are you alright?" Someone asked.

"Yeah, I'm fine," I muttered, but I wasn't sure if I was. I ignored that though, because I needed to find Julie. "Julie," I cried, "Julie, where are you?"

I just couldn't find her though. She had to be here somewhere. "Julie," I cried, "Julie where are you?" I felt dizzy, but I still needed to find my sister. "Excuse me, have you seen my sister?" I begged the woman who asked me if I was alright.

Before she could respond though, my knees fell beneath me, and I fell to the ground. Someone tried to pull me to my feet, but it didn't work. My knees were weak, I was dizzy, and slowly my senses were beginning to dull. The last thing I saw was little Julie's worried face hanging over me. Then everything went black.

******************************************************************

Hey Everyone! this is my latest story! I've been SOOOOO obsessed with Wattpad, Ive kinda been having a writers block:P but this was finished awhile ago, and I would like everyones HONEST opinions!! thanks:)