Forgive Me Ch. 20

Chapter Twenty

Jackie

The next morning, I demanded to be discharged early in the morning. I called Jordan, and also demanded that he come pick me up. Everyone agreed to my demands, and I was happy. I had to make one stop though before I wanted to go find my sister.

I stopped into Toby's room, and shook him awake. Toby and I have been talking a lot lately, and he really has become a good friend. I wished with all my heart that he would get better, because he was just so young. "Jackie?" He croaked.

"Hi bud," I smiled, "I'm leaving soon. My brother's coming to pick me up."

"You're leaving?" He asked, sitting up in his bed.

"Shhh, yes," I whispered, "And I wanted to come say good bye."

"Will you come visit me?" He questioned.

"Of course," I promised, "Every time I come to get Chemo, I'll come up and visit."

Toby smiled brightly. I leaned down, and hugged him tightly. "Get better," I insisted, "Please try to get better."

"I'll do all I can," He promised me, "And you stay better."

I chuckled silently, and pulled away. I rubbed his bald head. "Good bye Cindy," I whispered, though she couldn't hear me in her sleep. I gave a small wave to Toby, and then stepped out of his room.

Jordan came to pick me up ten minutes later, and he was a mess. Still no one could find Julie. "How could we not find her?" Jordan asked, "We've watched her all her life. How could we not know where she is?"

"Maybe she's in a place we've never been before," I whispered.

"Maybe she's been kidnapped," Jordan answered. I didn't want to believe that one at all. It gave me chills at the thought of Julie being kidnapped.

"Did you check the school?" I asked.

"Yes," He grumbled.

"And you're sure she's not at Mom's?" I pressed.

"We checked there twice," He answered.

I sighed loudly, and was silent the rest of the way to Jason's house. When we got there, everyone greeted me with hugs. They weren't the warm kind of hugs though. They were distressed ones. Everyone was so upset that Julie was gone, even Rosie was crying. My brothers didn't cry though- they hardly ever did- they just looked extremely upset.

"Hi Jackie," Rosie whispered, "Would you like to sit down?"

"Thanks," I told her, and then sat down on the couch with John. I leaned into his side, and felt the comfort of my older brother. "Think Jackie," I demanded, "Think where she would be."

"Don't strain yourself," Jordan insisted, "You might hurt that little bald head of yours."

I rolled my eyes, and looked straight ahead. What did I say to Julie before she stormed out of my room? I told her the things I used to do with her, and tell her how much I loved her. I told her we had fun at the park. Would Julie go to the park because that was one of your happiest memories together? I told her that sometimes I didn't want to take her, but we had our happiest moments there.

I stood abruptly, and everyone turned to look at me. "Jackie, what's wrong?" John asked.

"I know where she is," I whispered.

"Where?" Jason asked.

"I just need you to drive me somewhere," I answered, "And I only need one person to drive me. I need to settle this with Julie, and make sure she feels comfortable enough to come back."

"I'll go," Jason volunteered.

"No," I whispered, "You'll get out of the car and follow me to her. James, will you take me?"

"James?" Jason asked.

"Yes James," I answered, "He can handle it, and I trust him not to follow me in."

James looked shocked, but he couldn't wipe the smile off of his face. He jumped up, and grabbed the car keys from Jason. I followed him out of the house, and into Jason's car. "Thanks," He whispered, and I smiled too.

I told him where to drive me. It wasn't too far away. When we arrived there, I let out a smile. "The park?" He asked.

"The park," I assured him.

"Do you see her?" He asked, looking around.

The park was deserted, but I could understand why he wasn't seeing her. He wasn't looking for what I was looking for. He expected Julie to just be sitting out on a park bench. That's not what I was thinking though. "I don't see her," James grumbled.

"I see her," I muttered.

"Well go get her," James pressed, "You're making everyone at home anxious."

I nodded, and opened the car door. "Be careful," James warned, "Remember Jackie, you just got out of the hospital."

"I got this," I whispered with a smile.

James smiled too, and gave one slight nod. I got out of the car, and closed the door behind me. I took a deep breath, and slowly started walking towards the play ground.

It was weird, because I hadn't been here since Julie was a little girl. One time I was here, I passed out. It was the first sign that I had cancer. After I passed out though, I think I knew I was sick. Maybe that's why I insisted on bringing Julie to the park after that. I wanted to spend so much time with her. I wanted to spend all my time with her.

Julie and I were closer than most sisters. When she was younger, and got into a fight with someone, I was the first person she would tell. Of course then I would tell one of my brothers, and they would scare the crap out of the person who was being mean to her. The point was though, that I always though Julie looked up to me, and I was proven right when we fought at the hospital.

I continued to walk towards the park, and smiled when I saw legs dangling out of the slide. I knew it was Julie, because those used to be my shoes. She stole them from me, and wore them everywhere for the longest time.

I stopped at the bottom of the slide. I crouched down, and looked in the side. Julie was looking up at the ceiling, and didn't even notice I was there. "Hello," I smiled, "Have you seen my sister?"

Julie looked at me, and wore a faint smile. "Jackie?" She whispered.

"In the flesh," I laughed.

"I knew you would find me," She grumbled, "And make me feel guilty that I ran away!"

"Does that mean you're not glad to see me?" I asked.

"No I'm glad to see you," She sighed, "And I guess I'm glad you found me too."

"I know," I whispered.

********************************************

Sorry it took so long:)

hope you will continue reading

comment

vote

fan? thanks;)