Forgive Me Ch. 24

Chapter Twenty Four

Julie

"Bye Riley!" I called, waving good bye to him as I got in the car with Jonathan. Riley smiled and waved. I closed the door behind me, and looked at a smiling John. "Something wrong?"I asked.

"Nothing," He smiled, and winked at me.

"So what's on the agenda for today?" I asked, buckling myself in my seat.

"We're going to Mom's," John whispered, "To collect the rest of your things."

I sighed loudly. "Do I have to go?" I groaned.

"Yes," He snapped, "Because I don't feel like doing this on my own."

"Whatever," I grumbled, "How's Jackie?"

"Fine," He sighed, "Chemo is really wearing her down. Today she could hardly get off the couch. Rosie's taking good care of her though."

"Good," I smiled, "It'll be good for them to get along."

"Agreed," John said.

John drove down a familiar street, and then pulled into a familiar driveway. "Will you be able to do this?" John whispered, looking at me with sad eyes.

"Yeah," I grumbled, "Just stay strong if I start to cave. Please?"

"Got it," He said, nodding his head.

We got out of the car, and walked into the house. "Suzan," I called, "Suzan, are you in here?"

"Julie?" She yelled, "Is that my Julia?"

I raced into the house, and pulled my Mom into a tight hug. She cried into my shoulder. I patted her hair down, and held her as she cried. "I'm so glad you're home," She sobbed.

"We're not staying long," John answered, "Julie's just getting her things, and then we're leaving. Come on Jull."

I held on longer to my Mom, not wanting to let go. "Jull," John snapped, and I reluctantly pulled away. Before I could see my Mom's broken face, I ran upstairs and into Jackie and my room. I pulled out Jackie's old suitcase, and started packing everything else. I put everything I could in all the suitcases I could find.

"Jonathan," I yelled, "Come help me."

John came running upstairs, and took any suitcase I gave him. When I was completely finished, I looked around the room one last time before walking back downstairs. "Please Jonny," Suzan was begging, "Please let my baby stay."

"I can't," John sighed.

"Jonny," Suzan cried, and I watched the pain cross John's face. Suzan was John's Mom, and he also had a weak spot for her too. Suzan had given him life, and John never knew how to repay her. So I glared at him, and his face became stern again.

"We're leaving," He told her, and then walked out the door.

"Come on Julie," Mom whispered, grabbing my wrist, "Let's run away. I'll take you somewhere, and we can be a small happy family."

"You won't drink anymore?" I asked, "You won't get drunk?"

Suzan bit down hard on her lip, and just shrugged. I took that as a no. "I...I tried running away," I murmured, "And they found me. I'm sure if I ran away again, they'd find me."

"Oh Julie," Suzan pleaded, "Please Julie, you're all I have left."

"Well you're not all I have left," I grumbled, and then walked out the door. It took all of my courage, but I continued to walk till I was in the car. Once I was in the safety of John's car, and we were driving away, I burst into tears. It didn't faze John though. He continued to drive though, put his hand behind my head to let me know that he felt bad for me. "Maybe I should just stay with her," I whispered, "It won't be that bad John, and you guys could come see me all you want."

"No," He replied.

I wiped the tears off my cheek. "Why not?" I snapped, "Huh John? Give me a good answer, and tell me why not?"

"Do you really think Suzan cares about you?" He growled, "Deep in your heart do you honestly think that? Come on Jull, give me a good answer."

"Yes," I murmured, "I think she cares about me."

"So why do you call her Suzan?" Jonathan countered, "If she really loved you, and cared about you, she wouldn't care so much when you called her Mom."

"So," I started.

"Did she ever think to stop drinking or smoking for your health?" John continued, "She doesn't think about you!"

"That's because she had five kids before me," I yelled, "She was way past addicted by then. Ever think you were the reason why she started smoking and drinking in the first place? Huh John? Is that why sometimes I'm so screwed up, because she wouldn't stop being addicted to the drugs that normal parents tell their kids to stay away from?"

"Okay, so she was addicted," John shrugged, "But have you gone further than that?"

"What do you mean?" I growled, and I was starting to get John angry.

"Has she ever picked you up from school?" John snapped, "As she driven you anywhere?"

"She's busy," I started again.

"DID SHE EVEN APOLOGIZE FOR HURTING YOU WITH THAT KNIFE?" John shouted.

I went silent, and shrunk in my seat. "She was drunk," I murmured, "She probably can't remember it."

"Julie," John laughed humorlessly, "You have a wrap around your shoulder from where she stabbed you. Did she even have the decency to ask you what happened?"

Tears rolled faster down my cheek, and soon I was gasping for air. "She really doesn't care," I cried, and then buried my face in my hands.

"That's the thing Julie," John sighed, "I don't like to see you cry, and every time Mom's brought up, you cry."

"What am I going to do?" I sobbed, wiping away the tears from my cheek. John leaned over, and wiped the tears away from my cheek.

"Julia Hemerson," John chuckled, "Do you ever think you would be left alone in a situation like this? Have you ever thought that the reason we're so protective is because we won't to protect you from people like Mom? People who might break your heart?"

"I guess," I sighed.

"Who would you rather be with?" John asked, "A Mom who doesn't care, or your loving brothers and sister?"

I smiled sheepishly. "Okay," I sighed, "Just take me home."

"Julie," He groaned.

"I mean to Jason's house," I smiled. John looked over at me, and smiled too.

**********************************************

So what do you think about the story so far??

Have any suggesttions for stories or any kind of suggestions, private message me;)

This isn't one of my best stories, so please no hate comments!!

thanks<33

cheesehead