Forgive Me Ch. 12

Chapter Twelve

Lacey

I paced in the hallway with my hands behind my back. Julie was supposed to be here hours ago. We were going to go to the mall after she had lunch with her brothers. It was dark though, and I was sure it was getting late.

"Loser," Ashley mumbled as she walked up the stairs. I just ignored her though.

I continued to pace in the hall. Why hadn't Julie texted me? We didn't live that far apart, and she was supposed to walk over. We were going to hang together before school tomorrow, because we didn't have any classes together except for lunch.

My Mom walked through two rooms, and then back tracked. She looked at me with a frown on her face. She looked worried for me. Mom was always worrying about me. She was the only one who paid too much attention to me. Sometimes I wanted to be noticed, but Mom noticed me too much.

"Are you still waiting Hon?" Mom asked.

"Yeah," I sighed, "She said she was going to text me when she was leaving. I'm guessing she never left her house."

"Do you want me to walk over with you?"Mom volunteered.

"No, she might not be there," I sighed.

"Why don't you text her?" Mom asked, "Ask her where she is."

I sighed, and pulled out my phone. I scrolled down to Julie's number, and hit text message.

ME: Where R U? U were supposed to b here awhile ago!

There wasn't a text back though. I sat down, and stared at my phone, waiting for a text. When it didn't come, I walked up into my room. Ashley was watching TV, and ignored me as I entered. I let out a huge sighed, and fell on my bed. Ashley still ignored me.

My phone vibrated, and I noticed I was getting a call from Julie. "Julie, where are you?" I yelled into the phone, "You were supposed to text me hours ago! You know I'm worried sick!"

"Hush," Ashley commanded, turning the volume up.

"Is this Lacey?" A voice asked.

I stopped. "Who is this?" I demanded.

"This it John Hemerson," He said into the phone, "This is Lacey right?"

"John...Hemerson?" I asked.

Ashley looked at me with wide eyes. "Hemerson?" She mouthed. I nodded, and she rushed over to my side of the bed. "Hi John," She yelled into the phone, "Its Ashley, remember me?"

"Who?" John asked.

"I'm sorry;" I apologized, "That was my annoying sister."

"It's alright," He laughed, "But I have something to tell you."

"To tell me?" I asked loudly, "What is it?"

"Julie's in the hospital," He answered, and the sloppy grin fell off of my face.

"What?" I hissed, "What's wrong with her? Is she alright?"

"She's going to be fine," He assured me, "Just a few stitches, and maybe a concussion, but she was so worried about you being angry with her. She wanted me to call you to apologize."

"Tell her I understand," I murmured, "Will she be alright?"

"She'll be fine," He said, "She just wanted you not to worry or think that she blew you off."

"No, I totally understand," I agreed, "Thanks for telling me."

"Don't worry about it," He said, and I could hear the smile in his voice. "Have a good night Lacey. Maybe I'll see you soon."

"Yeah maybe." I muttered, "Night."

The line went dead, and I stared at Ashley. "What did he say?" Ashley gushed, "Did he say anything about me? Spill Lace, spill."

"Julie's in the hospital," I murmured.

Ashley leaned back. "Is she alright?" She asked.

"They think she's going to be alright," I grumbled.

"Well that's good," Ashley said, "So anything about me? Did he say anything about me Lace?"

I stared at Ashley in horror. "Ashley, my best friend is in the hospital, and you're asking about a boy- who doesn't know you exist- if he said anything about you?" I hissed, "What's wrong with you?"

Ashley rolled her eyes, and then walked back over to her bed. "I'm just trying to make conversation," She grumbled.

"No Ash," I snapped, "You never try to make conversation. The only time you ever talk to me is when the Hemerson brothers are involved. Did you even know the oldest one is engaged?"

"So?" She growled, "That doesn't mean anything."

"Ashley," I laughed humorlessly, "You have no chance! You're setting yourself up for disappointment."

"Whatever Lacey," She grumbled.

"UGH," I yelled, and then stormed out of the room.

"Lacey don't scream," Mom warned. I ignored her comment, and stormed into the bathroom. I slammed the door, and put my back against it.

"Be a drama queen Lacey," Ashley yelled in the next room, "Girls like you don't get dates!"

Who was she kidding? Ashley was the drama queen. She made everything so much bigger then it was. She blew things way out of proportion. Sometimes it seemed like it was her job to throw things out of perspective.

I gripped the door handle tightly, and leaned my forehead against the door. My head was pounding, and I was sweating. Why was I sweating so much? What was wrong with me? I ran my hand through my hair, and felt the sweat collecting between my fingers. "This is so gross," I growled.

"Lacey are you almost done in there?" Aiden asked.

"I'll be a while," I told him.

"But I really got to go," He whined.

"Use Mom and Dad's bathroom," I ordered, "I'm taking a shower!"

"You're showers are forever though," He complained.

"Deal with it," I snapped, and slowly slipped out of my sweaty close. Once I was in my bra and underwear I turned on the shower, and made the water cool. Then I finished undressing, and stepped into the shower.

The water was cool on my back, and it sent shivers down my spine. I crossed my arms over my chest, and shivered.

Suddenly I felt dizzy.

I gripped one of the shower knobs, and tried to steady myself. What was wrong with me? My eyes blacked out a little, and I started to panic. My head was throbbing, I was dizzy, and I was momentarily blind. What was going on? My chest pained, and I started to cough loudly. Maybe the sound of the shower would cover my ugly cough, I thought. I spit up.

When my sight came back, I looked down at what I threw up, and only saw blood. My eyes widened in fear. I was too nervous to stay in the shower. So I turned the water off, and wrapped a towel around my body. I shuffled across the bathroom floor, and had to stop at the door, because the pain in my head was awful.

"Oh God," I moaned, squeezing my eyes tightly together.

"Hurry it up Lacey," Aiden yelled, pounding on the door.

My head felt as if it were vibrating. "Stop it," I snapped, "I'll be out soon, I swear! Now stop banging on the door."

Aiden banged one more time as if to say I wasn't the boss of him, and then went back to his room. I sat on the floor, and waited till my headache was gone, till I realized that something bad was happening to me, and I even though I didn't want to, I had to tell someone.

I know some of the chapters mite be a little boring.....

bbutttt itll get better once u get into it! hahaha

please keep reading!

comment

vote

become a fan?