Forgive Me Ch. 15

Chapter Fifteen

Patiently, I waited for Jordan's car to pull up. I crossed my arms over my chest, and looked around. I still didn't see him, but I knew he'd come- we needed to talk. "Mind if I stand with you?" A voice asked. I looked up, and saw Riley's half smile.

"Of course," I laughed, "Just waiting for my brother. How about you?"

"Mom," He sighed.

"Don't look like that," I told him, "I would have loved it if my Mom came to pick me up."

"Where is your Mom?" Riley asked.

I shifted uncomfortably, but Riley didn't notice. "She works," I told him. It wasn't really a lie. I just forgot to mention that she got off before I got out of school.

"Oh," He said, like he was getting it.

Hailey walked by us, and glared at us. Then she spun her head around, and her dark brown hair flew all over the place. "I used to think she was sweet," I sighed, "I just don't understand why she's being so mean."

"That's because she's now dating Andrew," Riley explained, "So I guess she thinks she's popular."

I rolled my eyes. "Those labels are so overrated," I scoffed.

"They're true," Riley shrugged.

The buses pulled out of the parking lot, and I looked for Lacey. When her bus drove by, I raised my hand to wave, but didn't see her. Well, then I saw a blond head that was unmistakably hers. "Is that Lacey?" I asked.

"Who's Lacey?" Riley questioned.

"My friend," I mumbled, "Is she asleep?"

Yes, Lacey was indeed asleep. She looked like she was knocked out. I wanted to make sure she was still alive, but there wasn't anything I could do. "Wow, she looks dead," Riley smiled.

"I wonder why she's so tired," I grumbled.

Riley shrugged, and then said, "Oh, there's my Mom. I'll see you later Julie."

"Alright, bye," I sighed, "Look for us at lunch."

"Will do," He smiled, and then ran to his Mom's car.

There were only a few people left, and I felt stupid just standing there. Lucky for me though, Jordan pulled up a few minutes later. "Is that Jordan Hemerson?" Someone hissed, and I rolled my eyes.

I walked towards Jordan's car, and got in the passenger seat. "Sorry," He apologized, "Jackie wanted me to get some food for her. She said the hospital food is awful, and the store is out of the way."

"It's alright," I shrugged.

"Is something wrong?" He asked, putting the car in reverse.

"Yes," I told him.

Jordan turned and looked at me with the same green eyes Jackie had. "Yes?" He pressed.

"I'm going back to live with Mom," I said firmly.

"No you're not," He laughed.

"I couldn't sleep at all last night," I told him.

"That's because you hid in the room you were given," He argued, "You haven't even seen the place, so you don't feel like you're at home."

"I'll never be at home there," I yelled.

"That's going to be Jason and Rosie's home," Jordan snapped, "That should be like your second home."

"Well it's not," I growled.

I crossed my arms over my chest. "Put your seatbelt on," Jordan ordered. I rolled my eyes, and buckled up.

"I'm moving back in with Mom," I grumbled.

"No, you are not," He snapped.

"You're not the boss of me," I yelled, "You're not my Father. If Mom wants me to go home, than I have the right to go home; she has the right to take me home. You can't decide that."

"Mom doesn't want you there," Jordan muttered.

"You don't know that," I cried, "How would you know that?"

"Because she told me," Jordan shouted. He got quiet as if he couldn't believe he just said that. I stared at him in horror, and my eyes slowly filled up with tears.

"She...she...doesn't want...me?" I cried, sniffling.

Jordan looked at me, back at the road, and then me again. He slowed the car down, but continued to drive. "Please don't cry," He begged, brushing the hair out of my face.

"How do you know that?" I demanded.

"She told James when he was packing your bag," Jordan whispered, "Please don't cry Julie, please don't cry."

I wiped away my tears, because I knew how much my brother hated it when I cried. Jordan was a strong, muscled, tall football player. He didn't like that every time I cried or started to tear up he got all soft on me. If I cried and begged for the world, he would give it to me just to make me happy again.

"Well she was drunk then," I sniffled, "Maybe she didn't know what she was saying."

"Either way," He sighed, "You're staying with us."

"Don't I get a say?" I asked.

"Not really," He said, giving me an apologetic smile. I crossed my arms tighter around my chest, and looked out the window. "Don't be upset Julie," He begged, "Please, don't be upset."

"Too late," I snapped.

"You'll see her again," He promised, "Tomorrow we'll go back to the house, and you'll get the rest of your stuff."

"She better not have touched them," I growled.

"I bet she didn't," Jordan smiled.

I rolled my eyes, and continued to look out the window. Jordan patted my arm, and continued to drive.

This still didn't settle well with me. I wanted to be home with my Mommy. I needed the smell of smoke to fill my lungs, because by now it was soothing.

Jordan and I didn't say anything until we pulled in the hospital parking lot. "Do you want me to stay?" He asked.

"Nah," I sighed, "I like just having me and Jackie time."

"Give these to Jackie," Jordan smiled, handing me the bag of groceries. "Now get out of my car." I smiled too, and got out of his car. I waved to him, and he called out the window, "I'll be here at 5!" I waved him off, and walked into the hospital.

"Hello Miss Julie," Heather greeted as I walked towards Jackie's room. I waved at her, and then entered my older sister's hospital room.

Just ask for the next chapter, and i'll be glad to upload!!

thanks!