Forgive Me Ch. 25

Chapter Twenty Five

Jackie

When Julie came home, her eyes were puffy, and her cheeks were red. I wanted so much to pull her in my arms, and hug her tightly, but I knew that wasn't what she wanted. I wasn't the only one who had to stop babying her.

Julie fell onto the couch, and sighed loudly. John was bringing her stuff up to her room."How're you?" I asked, patting her leg with my hand.

"Alright," She sighed.

"What did she say?" I questioned.

"Just that she needed me, and we should run away," Julie answered, "I'm done with her though."

"Good," I smiled, "All you need is me. Aren't I the best sister in the world?"

"Yes," Julie sighed, rolling her eyes.

I pulled Julie into a tight hug.

"Dinner," Rosie called, "Come and get it."

Julie stood up quickly. Oh how I wished I could do that too. I pressed my palms into the couch cushions, and hoisted myself up. My legs shook. Julie's face was worried as she looked down at me. She gripped my elbow, and helped me up. "Thanks," I murmured, and then slowly walked into the kitchen. I sat down in my normal spot between James and Julie. "Rosie," I raved, "This looks delicious."

Rosie blushed. "Thank you Jackie," She smiled.

I slowly started to serve myself, and everyone followed. The meal was spaghetti and meat balls along with Italian bread. I quickly started eating it, because I was starved.

"So when are you guys planning on getting married?" I asked, wrapping some noodles around my fork.

Rosie blushed. "We're not sure," She murmured.

"Why not?" I asked.

"God Jack, be any nosier?" Jason snapped.

"What?" I laughed, "Come on, give me the details."

"Rosie," Jason sighed, "Is convinced that I have to get Mom's okay before we marry."

"Isn't that the other way around?" I asked.

"I...I don't have parents," Rosie murmured, running her hand through her red hair, "They died in a car accident. I have a younger sister, and her family, but that's it."

"I'm so sorry," I murmured.

"It happened a long time ago," Rosie sighed, "So I'm alright with it now. I don't cry at night anymore."

I gave her a weak smile. "I used to cry when my Dad left," I whispered.

Rosie nodded like she understood which she almost did. "So I want Suzan's okay, because if she's not okay with it..." Rosie sighed loudly, "I wouldn't want grandchildren to not have at least one grandparent."

Jason chocked on his spaghetti, and Julie smacked him roughly on the back twice. "You alright bro?" Julie asked.

"Yeah," He gasped, rubbing his throat.

Rosie's face was all red, and she pushed away from the table. "Rosie," Jason added, and but Rosie was already running upstairs.

"I'll go talk with her," I murmured. I slowly pushed away from the table, and followed Rosie up the stairs. "Rosie," I called, "Its Jackie, please let me in."

"Please go," Rosie sniffed.

"The sooner you open up, the sooner things will be resolved," I told her, and then the door slowly opened. Rosie's face was red, and tears filmed her eyes. "Now, now," I sighed, putting my arm around her shoulders.

"I'm sorry," Rosie sobbed, "I don't even know why I'm crying."

"You were embarrassed," I shrugged, "I get why you're upset."

Rosie bawled up her fists, and pressed them to her face. "It's not that bad," I assured her.

"I'm so stupid," Rosie growled, "I get embarrassed so easily, and then I just loose it! What's wrong with me?"

"Nothing," I whispered.

"Well then why am I such a spas?" She asked.

"How about this?" I whispered, "We go downstairs, and tell everyone that you thought you were going to be sick."

"Just sick?" She asked.

"Yeah," I shrugged, "And if you feel like you're going to cry again, just say you're going to be you feel so sick."

"Alright," Rosie grumbled.

"Come on," I hissed, and dragged her back down the stairs. Everyone stared as we walked back down the stairs. "Alright everyone," I announced, "Rosie isn't feeling too good, but she's going to be a trooper for us."

"Is she going to get sick at the table?" James asked loudly.

I quickly shot Julie a look, and she picked up on it right away. "She's sick stupid," Julie hissed, "Could you speak any louder?"

James blushed faintly, and sunk into his seat. Both Rosie and I sat back down. "Thanks," I mouthed to Julie when no one was looking. Julie smiled and nodded.

The conversation picked up like it normally would have. My brothers held the conversation. Julie and I both just ate while Rosie nodded, listening to the conversation. Julie and I both never really listened to our brothers. Sometimes we did, but other times the conversations were boring.

After dinner, I watched a little TV with Julie, and then headed up to bed with Julie trailing behind me. We both changed into our pajamas, and crawled into the small cots that were shoved into the unfinished room. "Jackie," Julie whispered, "I don't know what I'm going to do."

"What're you talking about?" I asked, yawning.

"I can't live here forever," Julie told me, pulling the covers up to her chin.

"Of course not," I chuckled, "You'll be going to college."

"Jackie," Julie sighed.

"What if you and I get an apartment?" I asked, "Would that work for you?"

"What about college?" Julie whispered.

"There's no way I could catch up," I sighed, "I'll just go to college at home. Then you and I can live together, and we won't have to worry about Mom or you making Jason unhappy."

"You really are the best sister," She told me.

"I know," I smiled.

"Night," Julie yawned, closing her eyes.

"Sweet dreams Jull," I murmured, pulling my own blanket around my shoulders. I watched Julie's relaxed face for a second, and then closed my own eyes drifted close.

************************************

Any COmments?

Remember to vote please;)

thanks!!