Fairies and stuff

When Blair was only 7 years old, she had flipped.

Wait, does a kid even know a feeling like that?

It didn't matter. For her, she had. Just like one of her old and so precious fairy tales, she had met her prince charming. And how lucky was she that she got to know him in such an early age? Most had to wait a lifetime for this to happen. But there he was.

Nathaniel Archibald.

But she preferred to call him Nate, the nickname she had so lovingly picked for him.

What a perfect prince he was. His appearance? Just lovely, with big and great blue eyes, golden hair and a beautiful smile that could make her heart flutter whenever she saw it. His manners? Gentlemanlike, always sweet and kind. His family status? Just the perfect old rich family everyone was expected to be on the Upper East Side. His name smelled like old money. And even little, Blair already cherished those things. No one wanted to scoop lower to a commoner, right?

She wanted royalty, and he was royalty.

Besides all that, he worshipped the very ground she walked on. They were born to be together, of course. Even their families could see it. She was born to be Queen, and he was born to be King. How convenient was that? She liked to think about the social status, of course, she could almost see them getting married in many years after this long road they had to pass before that could happen. But the truth is, that didn't matter that much right now. She had flipped and fallen, and as the days passed she loved how she would think about how much she liked to be with him, see his smiles and his blue beautiful eyes on her, walk together alongside like little children they were, holding hands in the most sweet and innocent way.

She never wanted that to go away.

But of course, that wasn't the only thing she loved about her life. She was royalty, and royalty had bigger things to think about. For example, the feeling of a brand new high couture clothing made only for her.

That could never get old.

And of course, she cherished friendship. She was loyal and ever so preoccupied with the ones she loved, and most of all, she considered her dearest friend Serena like a sister to her.

There were other children involved in her little high society circle, of course. The other one she could consider close to her was Charles. Actually, he was close to Nate, just like she was close to Serena. But that made them get close too, because she loved Nate, and therefore, she liked his friends.

Not that he was exactly the kind of company she would consider the most adequate.

Don't get her wrong, there was nothing really bad about him. Of course, he didn't have the blue blood she admired so much in her boyfriend. He was raised in a new money family that climbed its way to the top. It was something admirable, but not so well seen. Bass was already a big name, yes, but it was new. And new was never better than old.

Unless you're talking about clothes.

But yes, tradition was a big deal in Blair's life, but she got used to Charles being there in the scene. Actually, she had known him for as long as she could remember. He had always been sweet to her, alright, and he treated her very well. She could see that he cared for her and those he liked.

That didn't mean he wasn't a difficult child.

I don't know, there was something about him. Not so many children amongst them had experienced great pain. After all, they were just children. But Charles, he had that look in his eyes that made him seem bruised. Like there was a great wound somewhere that was still open and bleeding, and no one never did something about it.