Ice cold

When she woke up, she felt someone lying beside her. There was an arm carefully wrapping her waist, the heat of the person's body on her back and their breath right behind her ear.

She couldn't lie, it felt really comfortable.

She sighed gladly and turned around to face the person next to her.

And then she realized it was Chuck.

She remembered the night before, her asking him to stay for a while. They fell asleep in her bed, watching her favorite movies, and probably in the middle of the night he absentmindedly involved her in his arms while sleeping.

She felt grateful to him. She realized that, as much as he was a womanizer bass-tard at times, he had really been there for her through thick and thin. Who only knew him from appearances would never understand how much of a loyal and caring friend he actually was. He was sweet to her, not every time of course, he could be a real pain in the ass when he wanted to, and would tease her endlessly.

But she liked to have him in her life, there was no doubt of it.

And now, waking up next to him, she didn't feel as bad as once she could think she would feel. It felt natural, if that's even possible.

Wait, why was she thinking like that? It was still Chuck, after all.

Ew.

Still with these thoughts in mind, she sensed his muscles tense around her. She was now facing him, and his arm was hanging loosely around her. He opened his eyes slowly and heavily, like he could still sleep for days right there.

She greeted him with a small smile, but didn't say a word.

There was a happy atmosphere in there, somehow.

-Are you enjoying watching me sleep,Waldorf?

And then the moment was broken.

-Good morning to you too,Bass. - she said, trying to break free from his arms. He held her only enough so that she wouldn't escape just yet.

-I was just kidding, there's no need to get all fussy. - He said, a smirk on his lips. - After all, you were the one who slept over my arm and made it numb for what felt like hours until I thought it was safe for me to move it without waking you.

- What consideration, Bass. If I didn't know better, I would even think that you have a heart after all. - She batted her eyelashes at him, trying to make a sweet tone. 

-Oh, I do have a heart, you see. But it only shows around a few people.

She felt surprised at that sentence, and apparently so did he.

-But, of course - He said, looking at her attentively - I can think of a lot of ways you could repay me for it. - He winked.

-Ew, Bass, cut it. - She said. - But... thank you, for last night, for being here.

He fought hard to hide the relief he felt at being successful in his attempt to cut the seriousness his previous words had mistakenly implied.

-Anytime, Waldorf. -He said, closing his eyes again. - What are your great plans for today?

She sat up straight, remembering what day it was.