Can you keep it?

As Blair climbed up the stairs, she had an unfortunate surprise.

-What are you doing?

Chuck was fully clothed again, leaving her room with a displeased look. 

-Just remembered I have other matters to attend today.

Blair scoffed, sarcastic.

-Oh, really? What other matters?

Chuck was already on the stairs, no glancing back.

-None of your business, princess.

Blair continued to bolt after him.

-Oh, excuse me? Do you really expect me to believe that you suddenly have other plans when you were clearly up to spending the rest of the day in bed with me? Watch out Bass, a little bit more and you might turn green.

Realizing her little speech made no effect on him, as he continued to leave, she tried something different to catch his attention.

-Are you seriously going to be mad at me for accepting his invitation? It's just a platonic thing, we're going as friends! And who do you think you are, my boyfriend?

Chuck stopped. It was impressive how many people used the word to spite him on so many occasions, when he didn't even know if it even caused that much repulse on him anymore.

He turned to face Blair, only inches apart. So close that his breath prickled on her skin, his scent intoxicated her thoughts. She had never been able to concentrate on anything when he was this close.

-You're right, I'm not your boyfriend. But for all that counts, you might as well still be someone else's girlfriend.

Blair frowned, truly confused. It was Chuck's lips, so close, so warm, and so unreachable. His words had a sense of clarity that amused her.

-What? You're still talking about Nate? Chuck, I...

-Do you really expect me to believe that you're not running back to him like all those times? I may not be your boyfriend, Blair, but I'm also not a toy for you to play with and set aside when your A team calls.

His nostrils flared, his speech was as much inflated as it was passionate. No matter what they did, sparks would always fly around them. And anger burns just as hotly.

-I'm doing this as a favor to you! And pity for him, really. He made the proposition in a way that would be highly suspicious to refuse!

It was Chuck's turn to speak with scorn.

-Oh, really? Do you really expect me to believe this? - her eyes were also burning with anger now, fire running through their veins. If he bent only a millimeter their lips would touch, instantaneous combustion. - Do you really think he wants to go with you only for nostalgic sentimentalism? Use your brain! He wants to get in your pants.

She narrowed her eyes, looking at his. Only once they distracted themselves from their goal and glanced down, for only a minute, to his lips. Oh, his lips.

-You're disgusting. Nate would never do that, he's a gentleman.

-Oh, yeah? - Chuck directed his lips to her ear, his voice a low, husky murmur - Never got your blood going, either.

Oh, his voice. Blair turned away, trying and failing to contain her arousal. Chuck smirked bitterly. He approached from behind her, continuing his tone, his breath prickling the skin of her neck and causing light goosebumps to rise.

-When are you going to admit it, Blair?

Blair tried not to get lost in the moment, tried to remind herself that this was war. She wouldn't bend.