Gods and flowers

WARNING: This chapter contains sexual implications and stuff. It's not really ~mature~ but consider yourselves warned.
••••••

Blair was to know, sooner or later, that the flowers that arrived at her house on the day of her party weren't from Nate.

Blair grew fond of peonies while growing up and attending to several events of the upper east side society. The decorations would always be expertly arranged with various flowers, depending on which occasion.

At first thought, one might think that roses are the most romantic flowers. But Blair knew better. For example, roses are rarely picked when an event is of extreme elegance. That's because roses have a kind of roughness to them along with the beauty, not being so delicate as to participate in these kinds of events. Peonies, on the other hand, are delicate and classy. Blair grew to know that marriages decorated with peonies meant not only romance, which Blair already praised highly, but also prosperity and good fortune, which were basically her prospects and ideals in life.

Chuck also praised these things, excluding romance: or so one might think. Blair also knew better by now. Chuck, like the roses, had something rough and oh so passionate to them, which didn't exclude the magic of their... whatever it was. Very much to the contrary. He was the only one who would be attentive enough to remember her favorite flowers, her favorite juices, her favorite biscuits. As they grew closer and closer with each passing day, he would grow even more in his attentions to her, always finding a way to spoil her . Which, of course, she loved.

But she also found enough ways to please him oh just fine, that was for sure.

It started the day after her birthday party. She was still recovering from the humiliation, but not quite sad, since she had a very satisfactory night in the end. Chuck stayed with her all night, until all the guests were gone, wondering where the hostess had left to so suddenly, puzzled looks emptying the room. After, they ate cake while laughing about the fiasco that was the party, intoxicated from the drinks that were left on the mini bar. She heard a soft knock on the door. It was already late afternoon and her mom wasn't in town, leaving only a happy birthday note before catching up her flight. Classic Eleanor.

-What is it, Dorota? - Blair answered, automatically.

The steps that entered the room were not Dorota's trained steps. They were male, confident steps. If you were to pay close attention, you could almost hear the smugness in them, just like the smirk that was the signature of the young, good fortuned boy, who always knew what he wanted. And right now he was hunting to kill.

-Not Dorota, but she did let me in.

Blair turned, surprised, only to discover Chuck with a single red peony in his hand, which was already extended to her.

-So it was you!... - Blair got up, a clear smile on her face. This did make a lot more sense. Blair would always brag to Chuck about her preferences, and he would always be a lot more attentive than Nate ever was.

Chuck furrowed his brows, not washing away his smirk. He was feeling quite good that day, almost victorious.

-Who else could it be?

-No one of importance - Blair murmured, still smiling. Chuck, not wanting to waste any time, stepped up closer to her and surrounded her with his arms, starting to kiss her face, her neck, her collarbone...

-What do you think you're doing? - Blair said, but still not moving one inch away from him. There was playfulness on her voice, and he knew she only wanted to seem difficult. Her voice gave away immediately just how pleased she actually was.