C'est la vie

Hey, guys!
Just a reminder that I do not own gossip girl or its characters. This fanfic is based on the tv series, but it's gonna be completely apart from it. I'm not following exactly the events as they are portrayed in the series, although there may be some resemblances. Hope you all enjoy it anyway!
XOXO
------------
Getting ready for the party, she couldn't say that she was as excited as she should be. I mean, she and Nate were going to finally be together. That was the right thing, right?

Right?

After everything Chuck had said at school, she had been feeling pretty down. What if she was making a mistake? What if she had to break free from her childhood silly dream and move on? Maybe it would be better this way.

Oh my God, was she actually considering listening to Chuck?

She had hit rock bottom.

Why did he even care anyway, giving her advice to break up with his best friend? Why would he go against Nate with this?

But he did say some pretty good arguments. What if they were true? The deal is, it made sense. Her mother had been nagging her about it for weeks now. She had even planned that big dinner with the Archibald family and said it was pretty important.

But if Nate really didn't love her, why wouldn't he say so? It was better than being negligent.

In any ways, she hoped that this party would be an improvement in their relationship. Maybe if they bonded and connected more, things would get better. At least, that's what she was hoping.

But still, why couldn't she stop thinking about Chuck?
-----------------
Chuck was getting ready for the party and cursing himself for his previous behavior.

-You really are... A big... Tremendous... Ass. - He said to himself in the mirror, while struggling to fix his bow tie.

-Like, what were you thinking? Of course she wouldn't believe you. Even if Nate spat on her face she would probably consider it as love madness.

He was mumbling to himself, irritation flowing trough his body.

He was bracing himself for the storm to come. He didn't expect Blair to talk to him now. And she and Nate would... you know. Get it on tonight.

Oh my God, he was already thinking in song lyric mode.

Wait, why did he even care so much if they were going to do the deed?

But still, he was bothered. He felt something at the pit of his stomach, and he just wanted to tell her again that this wasn't right. Not that she would even listen.

Well, he was ready to go. He was going to be strategically late, as always. A great entrance was always necessary.

Getting there, he looked through the crowd of slutty dresses and drunk idiots while looking for a certain someone, hoping that he could maybe convince her to get things back to normal.

But the person he first saw wasn't exactly who he was looking for.

-Hey, man - Nate greeted his friend with a drink in his hand. - fashionably late, ain't I right?

Chuck smirked.

-You should know by now that my behavior is always an improvement if compared to anyone's. Are you enjoying your evening? - Chuck's tone and look seemed to imply something.

-The party's fun. This drink is delicious. - He took another sip. - But I suppose I'm not staying for long. Blair wanted to meet me in... - He looked at his watch. -  twenty minutes.