To do list

When he woke up, he immediately felt the warm breath on his face. They slept facing each other, his arms embracing her lightly while their legs remained intertwined. He could sense that she was still sound asleep, so he stared at her.

She really was beautiful, and he had known it all along. All his life. But he never thought something like this would happen between them. How could it all have happened, anyway? Chuck couldn't say, but he actually liked that it happened. I mean, he remembered how great he felt looking at the amazing creature that was being reborn right before his eyes. That was new, and good.

He was just a little worried that Blair wouldn't feel the same way.

I mean, she took a glass of champagne after arriving at Victrola. What if she had had more to drink at the dinner? What if she woke up, horrified about the whole situation and blaming Chuck for everything, accusing him of taking advantage of her when she couldn't even be thinking straight?

Yeah, that wouldn't be pretty.

But even with all that on his mind, he admired her sleeping. She had a happy look on her face, like she was having a superb dream about her favorite things.

He didn't move, fearing he would wake her up. It's not like he could stop that from happening eventually, but he didn't want it to happen so soon. When he felt her breath change and saw her eyelids flutter open, he looked at her anxiously.

She woke up peacefully, and looked at him almost like she was still trying to focus on the image in front of her. Then she closed her eyes again, sighing with sleepiness, an almost imperceptable smile on her face.

-Watching me sleep, Bass?

When he heard her playful tone, he couldn't help but sigh in relief.

-It's a common thing when you wake up next to a pretty girl, and it happens I have a lot of experience in the case. - Chuck said, provokingly. Blair didn't like the insinuation abour her being only one more of his many "achievements", and untangled herself from him, turning so that she wouldn't be facing him anymore.

He pulled her against him, turning her to face him once more while she protested.

-It was only a joke, Blair. You know this is rather... unusual to me - He was holding her arm firmly, but tenderly, preventing her from escaping his grip, and started to draw little circles on her skin, calming her. He noticed now how intimate that scene felt, two people sharing a bed, with no clothes whatsoever, but only some parts of skin showing.  -You know, I wasn't so sure you'd wake up in such a good mood. - He said, not looking into her eyes at first. Instead, he carressed her, looking at her arms, her shoulders, her collarbone, until reaching her face, her messy hair spreading through the pillow, still beautiful, and then, her eyes.

Unusual was a clear understatement. He was sure he had never had that kind of contact with anyone before.

-Why? -They were both looking at each other's eyes now, and she seemed to enjoy his slight touch.

-I don't know. - He said, moving up from her arm to her shoulder with soothing movements,until finally reaching her hair to play with some of her locks. - Considering what we did last night...

She knew exactly what he was talking about, but she found it hard to regret it. She had really felt like... blossoming the night before. And she felt good.

She shrugged, and took his hand off her hair. She started to analyze it, like it was the most interesting thing in the world, while he watched her, dazed. She carressed his hand gently while going through every finger, until she reached his palm and softly planted a small kiss right in its center. And then she looked back at him.