Balls and Belles

After Chuck came back, things were different between them. On the very day he got off the plaine, Blair received a glorious red rose bouquet with a message on it. It said he would be waiting for her outside her penthouse.

As Blair entered the limo and closed the door behind her, she flung herself to his mouth desperately. They laughed as she closed her eyes and breathed in his scent. She didn't even take a look at him before all this hapenned.

-Am i allowed to interprete this as an "i miss you"?

She shook her head, her eyes still closed, pressing her lips to his neck. His voice was just as she remembered it, low and alluring.

-Maybe.

Well, wasn't that progress.

She opened her eyes and looked at him, at last. There were his lips, his eyes, his tousled hair, all the details in his face she had taken practice at memorizing, right in front of her again.

-I have a surprise for you. - He said, leaning to kiss her exposed collarbone that stood out from her magnificent dress. She sighed. She had missed this, yes, there was no denying it.

-Are you trying to impress me, Bass?

Well, what could he say? He was.

-Wow.

Chuck smiled as Blair entered the suite. Everything was decorated. Soft music playing, candles all around, a set of plates waiting at the corner. At the center of the room, a small picnic.

-Welcome to the best and most exclusive restaurant in the city.

She twirled around him, but suddenly stopped and gave him a reprimanding scowl.

-Did you expect me to eat on the floor like this?

He grinned, pulling her closer. He was used to her resistance by now, used enough to know that it was all an act.

-Yes, I did, because that's what you want. - he twirled her again so that she was facing the picnic, in front of the balcony so that they could admire the lights of the city. He whispered softly in her ear. - It's much more... intimate, don't you think?- with every word he swayed her a little, planting a kiss just below her ear.

After they ate, they layed right there on the floor, full and content.

-Okay, I have to admit... that was delicious. - she laughed some more and looked at him. God, would she ever find out why was it that with him she had such an easy laughter?

-You are delicious. - he scooped closer, earning more giggles as response, and started kissing her lightly.

-We just ate!

-I still have enough space for dessert.

He was already on her neck and wandering down. The situation almost felt dreamy to her.

-You're a beast. - the words, however, escaped as a sigh, a silly grin on her face.

Pulling her dress up, he planted kisses on her thighs, also smiling. Before getting to the point, he spoke huskily:

-Only the best for you, beauty.

Oh, yes, indeed.

Maybe somewhere inside him rested a prince. At least, that was what she couldn't help but wonder. It was always about the fairytale for her, she couldn't help it.