White and Black

As Blair grew up, she felt more and more like her perfect life wasn't exactly this perfect.

Well, yeah, she still had her perfect boyfriend. He seemed distant, ok, but that didn't mean anything, right? They were still meant to be together.

So she fought hard to get his attention.

Sometimes she wondered if it wasn't meant to be easier, this thing called love. Wasn't it? Because she felt like she was the only one putting an effort. But of course, his response, even if little, was already good enough for her.

Sometimes, she would blame Bass. He was obviously not a good example for Nate.

He was exactly the opposite.

As they grew up, they also grew apart. They were still friends who knew each other deeply and helped each other, and they did still plot together. But they had different interests in life.

And what I mean is, Bass had developed a great passion for all things wrong and indecent.

I mean, booze and women. Lots of women.

She didn't even know how that all started. Like, they were 14 and the guy already claimed to have slept with a big variety of skanks. The thing was clearly out of control.

One day, they got into a big fight. She got mad because he had lured Nate into one of his so famous and scandalous nights, and Nate was so drunk that he didn't contact her almost for a whole day. She got so worried that she couldn't sleep at all. In the morning, she went straight to Bass' place. She got a feeling that he had something to do with it. When she forced her way into the room, she found her prince stinking and completely pissed on the floor, the apartment a mess, and Chuck with two call girls in his bed. She woke him screaming while closing her eyes to avoid the scene in front of her. He was not at all pleased with all the screaming, since he had a huge hangover. He finally managed to kick the girls out of there, while Blair continued her impatient yelling. She accused him of all sorts of things, since manipulating her boyfriend to driving him away from her. Chuck just gave her a dry and cold mock, and said she could collect her precious "baby".

Although the look on his face was telling her to f*ck off.

It wasn't a pretty scene. 

But the next day at school, they were already good. Chuck had come to her and, with not even a resemblance of what happened the day before, told her about a plan he was thinking about. One that would, of course, help her scale even more socially in her status of Queen B, which she was working hard to build. She accepted right away. No matter what happened, they would always be scheming partners.

Of course, she had other preoccupations. Like, being Queen B, which was already exhausting. More than that, she struggled at home. Her mom never seemed to think she was enough for anything, and her father was more and more distant. Even her best friend, Serena, let her down in various moments. She was almost becoming a feminine version of Chuck when it came to alcohol and sex (although she thought it rather impossible for someone to scoop down to Chuck's level of dirtiness). She decided she was going to live wildly for some reason, and that wasn't exactly of Blair's approval. Even so, she envied Serena. She was always looked upon, and her presence seemed to capture all the attention of the room effortlessly. She was naturally sexy, tall, skinny, beautiful, and generally perfect. Blair envied that. She didn't want to do the things Serena was doing with her life, which she thought were extremely unladylike. But she wanted to have that powerful presence that Serena had and didn't even try to, when she was always working the hardest possible so that she could even compare.

When she was 14, she decided she didn't like her body. Her mother was always surrounded with those beautiful models for her line, and always compared Blair to them. Blair wasn't tall, and she didn't think she was skinny enough. Her mother started with that nasty habit of criticizing the way Blair ate, like she would grow fatter with time. And it didn't help at all that Nate was spending all that time with Chuck and his indiscreet girls. She started thinking that maybe, just maybe, if she was prettier Nate would pay more attention to her, and her mother would start admiring her.