there for you.

I wanna be there for you,

Someone you can come to

Runs deeper than my bones

I wanna be there for you

Swirling shades of blue

Slow dancing in your eyes

The sun kisses the earth

And I hush my urge to cry, cry

There For You ~ Flyleaf

~

Ashton's POV

"Ashton, I need you to take off your shirt."

I didn't think one sentence from Luke could stress me out this much.

If I take off my shirt, he'll know everything. And I mean everything.

He'll probably think I'm a worthless piece of shit.

"Ashton...?" Luke said, waving a hand in front of my face.

"Oh! Yeah, yeah. Uh, I can't." I said, looking at the floor. Calum and Michael were here, too, so they would also see. They'd probably be disgusted with me, too. Luke sighed.

"Ashton, sweetheart." Luke said, grabbing my hands and stroking them gently. He paused a little before continuing.

"We know." Oh, no. They couldn't possibly know! I tried so fucking hard to hide it! How the hell could they know?

"K-know what?" I said, trying my hardest to act oblivious. Trying to act like they were crazy. Like whatever they "know" is wrong.

"How skinny you are." Luke admitted. Michael and Calum were just looking at me and Luke with our hands still intertwined. They knew? I still can't, though. That's just half of it. I guess Luke can read me like an open book.

"We also know that there's more you're not telling us." Luke said, reading my mind. Like I said, he can read me like an open book.

I guess I just lost it, because I just ran out of the house, ignoring the pain since I've become so used to it.

~

Luke's POV

"Should we go after him?" Calum asked.

"No, that was all my fault. I was pushing my limits." I said, sighing. I probably should've just let him keep his shirt on. I could've just asked where it hurt instead of having to see his forming bruises. I should've jut let him do what he wanted, but no, I had to fuck up and be insisting.

"Don't be down on yourself, mate." Michael said, offering me a smile. I returned a smile, a weak one, but still a smile.

"It is all my fault, though, Mikey. I tried to make him admit more than he wanted. I was pushing him." I said, sighing. I think we all know that I'm not lying.

"Just let him cool off, I guess." Michael said, sinking back into his chair. Yeah, just let him cool off. Then everything will be alright.

Right?

~

Ashton's POV

I probably just lost the only people that were willing to stick up for me. Besides Harry, of course. But I don't exactly know what's up with him. I haven't talked to him since that phone call. Even then he didn't do much talking.

 What was I even thinking? Why did I run out like that? I just confirmed whatever thoughts they had. God, why am I such a fucking idiot? 

I didn't feel like being alone, but I also didn't feel like going back to my band mates. Should I call Harry? I seriously doubt he said those things about me. I have to find out.

I guess now is better than never, right?

~

Harry's POV

I was hanging with some friends when I got a call from Ashton. I just hope receiving a call from him is a good thing and not a bad thing. Maybe this means he doesn't hate me? 

"Hello?" I answered, sounding a little confused. I kind of was. I don't even know if we will still be best friends by the end of this call.

 "Hey. I, uh, just didn't know who to call. Sorry, I didn't mean to bother you. I'll just go. Sorry." Ashton said. That made me want to cry. Does he believe that I actually said those things? That would usually make someone pissed, but after all the times he had someone stab him in the back, I can't exactly blame him.

"Ash, calm down. You're not bothering me. You never would. Just stop apologizing, mate." I said, letting out a small laugh to loosen him up a bit.

"Oh. Sorry. Sorry, I just did it again. Fuck." He said, laughing. I laughed.

"So, what's up? Something wrong?" 

"Yeah. If you're not busy, can you come over?" He asked. I looked back at the three boys I was hanging out with.

"Yeah, can I bring over some people? It's not very many and I think you'd like them." He was very hesitant with his answer, I could tell.

"I guess."

"Great, we have a lot of catching up to do." And with that, I hung up.

~

Ashton's POV

Catching up to do? What the actual fuck is Harry talking about? Is he hanging out with Zayn? Of fucking course. He's hanging out with Zayn so they can come over here and kick my ass. Why did I say yes? How could I be so stupid?

I calmed myself down by remembering that my mum was home. They wouldn't do anything with my mum around, right? She doesn't even know about all this shit. 

I was snapped out of my thoughts by the sound of a doorbell ringing.

I walked over to the door with very small steps. It wouldn't actually be Zayn, right? Harry knows better than to think that I'd be friends with Zayn again. We've talked about this. I don't think I'd ever be friends with Zayn again. Can anyone really blame me, though? I doubt anyone would be friends with someone who put them through that much shit.

I turned the knob of the door and opened it. I was shocked when I saw Liam, Louis, and Niall standing behind Harry. They were all smiling. Not scary smiles. Not quite nice smiles, though. Their smiles held pity and sympathy. I don't want anyone's pity. I'd only want somebody's pity if it actually made them stand up for me.

"Hey, Ashton. There's some people who want to see you." Harry said politely. 

"No shit. What are they doing here? They hate me." I said. That was kind of rude of me, I know. I couldn't find myself to give a fuck with how I treated them, though.

"We don't hate you, Ashton." Liam said. Bullshit.

"Then where the fuck were you whenever I needed you?" I shouted at them. I don't give a fuck if they want to see me. I don't give a fuck if my mum is home. I don't give a fuck. 

"Ashton, I wanted to be there for you. We all did. We were just too scared of Zayn to stand up for you. If I could, if any of us could, we would've kicked Zayn's ass. I fucking promise you that we don't hate you. Now do you know that I mean business?" Louis said to me. Any louder and he would've been yelling at me. I guess they are serious, because Louis actually cursed and basically shouted.

"C-come in."

~