human.

Show me that you're human, you won't break

Like a thief in the light, you can't hide, you can't hide from your shadow

It's the only thing you own

And you don't need to pretend that perfection is your friend

'Cause we're all broken.

We all end up alone

Show me that you're human, you won't break

Oh love your flaws and live for your mistakes

Beauty's on the surface wearing thin

Come closer show the marks upon your skin

Show me that you're human

Human ~ Gabrielle Aplin

~

Harry's POV

"What the fuck?" I muttered under my breath. 

"Sorry." He said. 

"Well, that was...something." I said.

"Something what?" He asked me.

"Do you like me?" I asked him, completely ignoring his question.

"Well, as a friend, yes." He told me.

"Well, then what was that all about?" I asked him.

"I just had to make sure." 

"Finish your sentences." I told him. He finally finished his sentence. The end shocked the hell out of me.

"I think I might be gay."

~

Ashton's POV

"I won't stop until I'm perfect." 

The words held so much meaning. I'm not perfect. I'm quite the opposite. I'll never be good enough. I can't do anything right. I can't eat right. I can't stay close to anyone. I can't get up in the morning without it causing pain and dizziness. I can't even be happy.

"You're perfect to me." Luke told me, his lip slightly quivering. He had tears stains down his cheeks, more threatening to follow. I blushed and looked down.

"You don't have to lie, Luke." I said.

"I know I don't have to, that's why I didn't." He told me.

"You're the only one who thinks so." I told him. It's true. Harry always tells me I'm beautiful, but I never believe him. I don't think he's ever meant it, either, even though he's said it at least 20 times. Everyone else tells me how ugly I am.

"That's a shame. I wonder why people stopped telling you the truth." I blushed again at his words. I smiled at the ground, picking at the edge of the bandages around my wrist. I was starting to fall head over heals for this boy. A quick realization came over me.

He knows everything. 

"You're not going to tell anyone, right?" I asked him. My eyes were wordlessly pleading him to keep it a secret. For him to never speak of it again. For him to just leave right now and forget about everything he just found out.

"I won't tell anyone, but you need my help. I don't give a fuck if you don't want it, but you need it." He said. I don't need anyone's help. I've survived so far.

Barely. 

I'm fine.

"Okay. How'd you find out? You know, before today." I asked. He took a while so he could carefully word his answer.