don't let me go.

Don't let me

Don't let me

Don't let me go

'Cause I'm tired of feeling alone

Don't let me

Don't let me go

'Cause I'm tired of sleeping alone

Don't Let Me Go ~ Harry Styles

Ashton's POV

I opened my eyes, trying to sit up. I couldn't. I was too weak. There were tubes and things everywhere. I didn't know what half of it even was, and why some of it was attached to me. I really wanted to leave. I grabbed onto the sides of the bed, pulling myself up. Just pulling myself up took so much energy. My arms were hurting a lot. I wasn't even halfway there.

By the time I got fully up, I was out of breath. I kept my hands on the sides, leaning my head back. I looked around the small room, trying to find out where I was. It was hard to see. My vision was blurry. There was a television in the corner and a desk under it. That was pretty much it. Well, there was something on the desk. It looked like a cake?

Okay, where the hell am I? 

I straightened myself up a little more, ignoring the pain that came along with the action. I blinked a couple times, waiting for my vision to clear up. Wait, I need my glasses. That's why it's blurry. I thought I had contacts in. Weird.

I tried to think of the last thing I remembered. I should be in school, right? That's the last place I remember. I've never been to this part of the school. Why is there a bed in school? I looked to my left, as there was a wall to my right. I was looking for something that could help me.

There was just a small nightstand to my left. Luckily, I spotted my glasses case. I grabbed it, praying that it contained my glasses. If I'm being completely honest, I almost screamed a little when they were. I put them on, looking around at my much clearer surroundings. I didn't like what I saw, because now I knew exactly where I was.

I was in a hospital.

What happened to me? I'm not sick, am I? I slung my arm across my stomach, wincing in pain when I hit my stomach. I hit something hard that was on my stomach. What was that? I looked down, realizing what it was. It was my ribs. I gasped, now knowing why I was here.

I went too far.

I felt a huge pain in my stomach, causing me to release a tiny high-pitched scream. I was praying that no one heard me. I don't want anyone to know I'm awake yet. I don't want them to ask me questions. I don't want them to judge me.

I felt another pain in my stomach. I winced, and held back a scream. I need to make this pain stop. I don't know how long I've been out. I haven't eaten anything. Maybe I'm hungry? 

I looked around, not seeing any food in reach. I sigh, putting my hands back down on the bed. My left hand hit something. I looked, seeing an oreo there. Did someone put an oreo in my hand? Was it Luke? He's the only one that's ever given me any food, and that food was an oreo. I picked it up, taking a bite and swallowing.

It immediately came back up.

~

Luke's POV

I grabbed the razor and held it against my skin. I was shaking. I was crying. I was sad. I was scared. Was I really about to do this? Will this make me happy again?

I slid the razor across my wrist.

I winced, watching the blood drip out of the cut. It hurt, but it was relieving. I put the razor down on a new spot, prepared to make another. I was interrupted by my phone ringing. I set the razor down and picked up my phone, examining the unknown number.

I decided to answer it anyway.

"Hello?" I answered. It's probably one of Michael's dumb prank calls that are pointless in this universe.

"Hi, Luke. It's Ashton's mum." The person on the other line said. Oh, no. He's dead, isn't he? She's calling me to tell me he's dead, isn't she? 

"Is Ashton okay?" I asked, worry obvious in my voice. I was begging for her to say good news. 

"He's awake." She answered. I hung up, which was very rude of me, but I didn't care. I threw my phone, putting on my shoes and running to my car. I didn't care that it was two in the morning. I didn't care that I was wearing the same clothes as yesterday. I didn't care that my mum would worry.

I had to go see Ashton.

~