devil may cry.

It won't be in vain 

To swallow all your pain

And learn to love what burns

And gather courage to return to...

Faces in the crowd

Faces in the crowd will smile again

And the devil may cry

The devil may cry at the end of the night

Devil May Cry ~ The Weeknd

~

Luke's POV

The principal had called Ashton's mum. The teacher had sent some kid to come get us and take us to the principal's. She knew about Ashton's situation, so we didn't get in trouble. Of course, any sane person wouldn't even consider yelling at someone about this.

"Ashton? Your mum is here." The principal said. Ashton nodded in response, getting up out of his seat. I grabbed his bag for him, intertwining our fingers and walking him to his mum's car. She had to pick him up since we had taken my car here. I couldn't get excused from class. I stopped in front of the passenger's side door. 

"I'll cancel on Cal." I said, lightly tossing Ashton's bag in the back seat. He gave me a confused look. Did he not remember our plans? 

"Why?" He asked. So he did remember. Did he still want to go? I thought he would be too upset.

"I thought you would be too upset." I answered. He shook his head, mumbling an 'I'm fine.' I knew he wasn't, though.

"If anything, I think you two could cheer me up." He said, smiling. I smiled back at him, pulling him into a kiss, which he happily returned. I opened his door for him, closing it as he sat down. I waved, watching the car drive away before walking back to the school.

Okay, time to find Josh.

~

The bell rang as I was dismissed from the principal's office. She told me there was no use in going to class yet since there was only ten minutes left. I told her see you later, and with what I was about to do, I probably would.

Anger flowed through me as I saw Josh. He smiled at me, as if we were friends. I would never be his friend. Ever. He's too much of a douchebag. 

"Hey, Lukey." He greeted, waving. He knew I was pissed. He was just fucking with me. I pushed him into the lockers with as much force as I could. It seemed I was a lot stronger than I thought I was. I grabbed the collar of his shirt, pulling him up to my eye level.

"If you ever, and I mean ever, touch Ashton again, I'll fuck you up. Don't think I'm kidding. By the time I'd be done with you, you wouldn't be able to have children." I said, taking note of the slight fear in his eyes. If I were him, I'd be scared, too. I'm really tall, he's a bit shorter than me, and he's looking right into my eyes. I'm not even bent over. That must mean his feet aren't even touching the ground.

"Shut the fuck up, Luke. I'm not scared of you." He said, pushing me away from him. I let go of him, stumbling back from his push. I ran a hand through my messy hair, smirking at him.

"Yeah, I totally believe you." I said, sarcasm obvious in my voice. There was a small crowd around us. They were all desperate for a fight, which I didn't plan to give to them.

But I'll do whatever it takes to make Josh lay off Ashton. 

"I'll wipe that smirk off that pretty little face of yours, Hemmings." He threatened. I gasped, plaving a hand dramatically over my heart.