Chapter 27; New Year's

The story is so close to the end I can't believe it! Enjoy this chapter! 

~Lexi

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

It was New Year's Eve and Dane and I had a lot to do. We had to prep the house for the party, which meant cleaning and decorating within a short amount of time.

Our mom left this morning for another trip, telling us to have a good time at our party. She was always okay with us having parties while she was gone. I think she liked knowing we weren't all alone when she wasn't there.

Dane and I started by cleaning the house. We straightened up the rooms, dusted, and vacuumed. Then we hung up streamers and put out party hats and all sorts of "dress up" things with the new year- 2017- on them. Dane got the fireworks out and ready to be set off when the clock strikes 12. We finished about an hour before everyone was supposed to come, so we got ready.

New Year's was basically the only party we hosted that everyone dressed up for. I slipped on a black long sleeved body con dress with a pair of glossy maroon heels. I did my hair in loose, beach-y curls- so in other words, my hair was slightly more curly than normal- and pulled the pieces of hair framing my face back, securing them with bobby pins. 

I did a subtle smokey eye with browns and a bit of purple, to make my eyes pop, and swiped a deep red lipstick over my lips.

I finished off my look with the necklace Adam gave me. I smiled as I put it on. It was perfect.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Drew and Charlotte showed up first, together, looking like the happiest couple I've ever seen. I smiled and welcomed them in. 

Charlotte was wearing a beautiful baby blue A- line dress that captured her figure perfectly. Her red hair was in a half up half down ponytail, and she was wearing a pair of silver strappy heels.

Next, Marissa came with Collin. We introduced ourselves. Even though he went to our school, none of us had actually formally met him. That's what happens when you go to a huge high school. He was very handsome, with brown hair spiked up in the front and dark brown eyes. Collin and Marissa looked good together. 

She was wearing a stunning red cocktail dress, her long, wavy, brown hair pulled into a high pony. She had hoop earrings on and a pair of black chunky heels.

Next, Julie and Sam came, hand in hand, like always.

Julie was wearing a purple off the shoulder dress that complimented her hazel eyes perfectly. She left her curly hair natural and was wearing a pair of tan wedges. 

My friends are gorgeous. 

Last but not least, the doorbell rang, and I swung the door open to see Adam in all of his tall, handsome, glory. He stepped inside and closed the door. Adam was wearing a pair of khakis with a light blue button down. His shaggy hair was cut shorter, and it looked hot. 

His eyes raked over my body, taking in every curve my black dress exposed. 

"Hey," I breathed.

He swallowed nervously, "Hey yourself."

He brought his eyes to mine. 

"You look stunning. " 

"I was hoping you'd like it," I whispered, gesturing down to my dress. 

Adam leaned in close, his mouth tickling my ear. I could smell his amazing cologne and feel the crispness of his shirt from the cold outside.

"I'm going to have a hard time keeping myself away from you with the way you look tonight," He whispered huskily, making me shiver.