Chapter 29; My Hero

I know I left the last part on a cliffhanger, so I'm just going to get right to the story. Enjoy! ~Lexi

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"NOOOOOOOO!" I yelled as Aaron's fist collided with Adam's cheek. 

A gut wrenching thud resonated through the courtyard and Adam grunted, clearly in pain. 

Aaron wound his arm back again, placing another strong punch to Adam's jaw. 

"STOP!" I yelled, tears filling my eyes and threatening to spill out uncontrollably. 

Adam groaned in pain, standing still and taking the punches. 

What is wrong with him? Why isn't he fighting back? I thought frantically.

Aaron sent two swift punches to Adam's face again, and Adam's nose started gushing blood. 

"Aaron! Stop this! This isn't like you!" I yelled tears streaming down my face.

"He hurt my sister!" Aaron yelled back at me, with an intense hate in his eyes I've never seen before. 

"But fighting won't fix that! Please, Aaron, please stop!" I yelled back, begging him.

"It'll help me feel better knowing he feels as bad as he made Marie feel!" Aaron replies angrily, sending another couple punches at Adam's face. 

Aaron's hand was starting to bleed at the force of his punches and Adam was beginning to lose his balance. Aaron sent another punch to Adam's eye, and followed it with a punch to the gut, knocking Adam into the grass, flat on his back. 

"Adam!" I yelled, my tears pouring out of my eyes. I pushed through everyone and ran to him, not caring what anyone saw. I dropped to the ground by his side and placed my hand on the side of his face. I leaned my head down and put my ear to his nose, listening for a breath. After feeling a slight breeze move my hair and watching his chest move up and down, I looked up at Aaron, my face drenched in tears. 

"What the hell?" I yelled standing up and pacing towards him, my body shaking with anger at the hatred I felt for the man in front of me.

"Adam didn't deserve that! Just because he broke up with your sister doesn't mean it gives you the right to start a fist fight! Didn't you get a clue when he never lifted a hand on you that you were being immature?" I yelled walking closer to Aaron.

I cannot believe I missed his friendship. I hated the monster I saw in front of me with every cell in my body.

"He broke Marie's heart!" Aaron protested, trying to justify himself. 

"It doesn't matter what he did! Look what you did to him! You should be ashamed of yourself you asshole! You disgust me!" I yelled back. 

The audience surrounding us that I forgot we had reacted to that, with mixed "ooh's" and "burns" and I was suddenly brought back to reality when I looked around and saw all of these strangers watching.

"He said he had feelings for someone else," Aaron continued, desperately trying to convince me he wasn't the horrible person I now thought he was.

I looked back at Adam lying on the ground, his eyes fluttering open, a bruise starting to form on his left eye. 

"So what. At least he was honest and ended the relationship instead of going behind her back and having two relationships! People are allowed to break up with other people if they don't like them anymore!" I said back, my tears slowing down. 

"Oh my god. Oh my god! I can't believe this! You're the someone else! You're the whore he broke up with Marie for! Wow, Caitlin, that's low. You move on pretty fast don't you? I was upset that you broke up with me, but now that I see how much of a slut you are, I'm glad! You did me a favor. I wouldn't want to catch a disease from your cheating ass." He said hysterically, his face twisting to look at me like the piece of trash he just convinced our audience I was.