Chapter 12 part 1; Surprise!

Hey guys! Thank you so much for all of the reads! It means so much that people are reading my story! Do you know what the surprise is? Do you have any guesses? In this chapter you'll figure out! :) happy reading!

~Lexi
~~~<>~~~
4:03
4:05
4:07

Time passed by slowly as I waited on the couch for Aaron to show up.

The girls left a couple minutes ago, so now I was really bored. It's not like he was that late, but when you're excited, everything takes longer.

I grabbed a handful of goldfish and popped them in my mouth walking over to the door and peeking out the window. A car pulled up and I jumped a little until I realized it wasn't Aaron's car.
It was Adam's.
I grabbed my duffel bag and ran up the stairs, locking myself in my room. I didn't want to see him after I accidentally listened in on their conversation. For some reason I felt extremely awkward.

I looked out my window, luckily I had a clear view of the driveway from my room.
4:10
4:15
Where is Aaron? If you're surprising someone, shouldn't you be on time?
Just then I saw his car pull up and I smiled.

I shrugged my black winter coat on that the girls told me to wear and ran down the stairs with my duffel bag.

Luckily Adam was nowhere to be seen.

The doorbell rang and I walked to the door with all of my things. I opened it up and Aaron was leaning against the door frame, a smug look on his face. "Sorry I'm late Caitlin, I had to pick a few things up on the way," he said leaning in and giving me a quick kiss on the cheek.

"Ew, get a room," I turned around to see Adam looking at us with a joking expression.

"Not when it's my house, stupid," I answered sassily and sarcastically, picking up my bag and walking out to Aaron's car.

He helped me get my bags in the trunk and I hopped in the passenger seat.
Aaron sat next to me and started the car. "What was that all about? I thought you guys were friends..." Aaron questioned as I sat in my seat slightly angry.

"Yeah, we are, we just mess around sometimes," I answered, "Why was that really harsh?"

"No, but it wasn't your normal joking tone," he said, backing out of the driveway.

"Good, I don't want to be that mean," I answered, slightly laughing.
And we drove off without another word, the radio filling the gap of silence that would've been there.

-/\-/\-/\-

"Are we thereeee yet?" I asked for the seventieth time in a sing-song voice.

"No we are not there yet. Has anyone told you you're really annoying?" Aaron said laughing, trying to focus on the road.

"Eh, only a couple hundred people, no big deal," I answered jokingly, flipping my hair. He laughed and glanced at me.

"We'll be there in a few minutes, calm yourself," he informed me and I started getting excited. It was almost 5:30 and the sky was already dark.

Where could we be going?

I looked around and noticed a small school and a huge mountain in the distance. Why would we be going up there?
Then it hit me. We were going tubing! We entered a large ski resort entrance and Aaron pulled into a spot, stopping the car. He looked over at me.