Chapter 12 part 2; Skiing past Aaron

Hey guys! Thank you so much for reading my story! Well, happy reading! And be sure to vote and comment if you like my story :))
~Lexi
Picture above: Caitlin skiing (but her jacket and stuff looks different )
~~~~~~~~~~~
We got to the top of the double black diamond and stood at the edge looking down. It was already 8:30 and we hadn't eaten yet.

"Is this our last hill?" Aaron asked. I could hear the nerves in his voice.

"Yeah," I answered, panting a little bit. We were so high up it was hard to breath.

"Okay you ready?" Aaron asked me. I nodded and counted off.

"1...2...3!"

As soon as the number 3 left my mouth I pushed with my poles as hard as I could and traveled down the mountain.

"Woooohhh," I yelled, feeling the amazing sense of being in control.

I sped past other people, going in small turns down one side of the slope. Aaron was somewhere near me.

Then the jumps came up. My favorite!

The first jump came and I bent my knees and let the ramp do it's job. I soared through the air and landed cleanly on the ground just in time to do it again.

After the third ramp, I continued to the bottom of the mountain, winding between skiers and snowboarders.

I was dying to see where Aaron was, but I couldn't look back now.

I continued to the end where a larger snow ramp waited.
This was the biggest jump on the mountain.

I could skip it- I could never make it over this one- but something was pulling me inexplicably closer. I got in the same position as I was before, and veered over to the ramp.

"3,2,1!" I yelled, speeding up the ramp and being launched into the sky. I knew I could do this. I looked on the ground to the spot I wanted to land and readied my skis for the dismount.

I came closer to the ground until the tip of my skis touched and less than a second later the rest of my skis landed. I continued sliding forward until the end of the slope came into view and I quickly turned to a stop, spraying snow all over.

I turned around to see Aaron come down seconds after me, avoiding the ramp.

He slowed to a stop across from me and took his helmet off. I mimicked his actions, slipping my helmet off my head.

His eyes were wide, "how did you do that?" he asked.

"I have no clue," I answered, shaking my head.

"Well whatever it was, it was sweet," he said, his eyes still wide.

"Thanks," I answered, smiling.

We brought out skis back to the area we got them from and returned our helmets and boots.

"Let's go get some food," Aaron said happily, walking toward the food court that smelled like heaven.

~~~~~~~<>~~~~~~~

"Ready to go?" Aaron asked as I took the last bite of the most amazing grilled cheese on earth.

"No, I still have some fries left!" I answered, like a child. Hey, these fries were almost as perfect as the grilled cheese. I dipped one in ketchup and bit it quickly, putting the rest in m mouth.

I took another fry and dipped it in ketchup again, bringing it to Aaron's lips. He wasn't paying attention, so I pressed the fry against his closed mouth, getting ketchup all over it.

"Hey!" he said, licking it off of his face and taking the fry. He copied my action and wiped the ketchup covered fry all over my lips.

I laughed and ate the fry, wiping my mouth off.

"You missed a spot," Aaron said.

"Where?" I asked, determined to get rid of it.
"Right...here..." he said, leaning in and poking me in the face with a ketchup covered finger.

"Hey!" I would've gladly got him back, but I was busy trying to make sure there was no ketchup on my face.
I discreetly dipped my finger in ketchup and smeared a mustache of ketchup on his face. Smiling, I brought my tray over to the trash and wiped my finger off as he wiped off his face.

We returned our boots before and changed before we ate, so we were good to go. We got our duffel bags from our locker and headed out of the lodge, ready for a long ride home.