Chapter 28; Friday

Hey everyone, good news if you're enjoying the story! It will probably be a little bit longer than I had thought! I love hearing your thoughts, so please comment! Enjoy! 

~Lexi 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

January 2nd; 5:30 am

"Great," I mumbled under my breath, being woken by my alarm, "time to go back to school."

After taking an hour to get ready, I grabbed a granola bar and my backpack and hopped into Dane's car. We took turns driving considering it was kind of pointless for both of us to drive. The only time we both drove was when we had sports after school.

I was wearing a dark purple shirt with an over sized gray army jacket and leggings. I had gray combat boots on and my hair was up in a messy bun, pulled back with a thick head wrap. I could've dressed a little nicer, but at this point only freshmen and a few sophomores dress to impress.

We got to school 15 minutes before the bell, so I stopped to hang out at my locker. I got the binders out that I needed for my first chunk of classes and put them in my backpack. Turning to the small mirror on my locker door, I fixed my hair, seeing Adam out of the corner of my eye, walking towards me. I smiled and spun around, throwing the wrapper of my granola bar into the bottom of my locker.

"Hey beautiful," He whispered, smiling at me.

"What are you doing here?" I asked frantically, scanning the halls, "Everyone can see us!" 

"Am I kissing you right now? No. We are friends, Caitlin. It's not that weird for me to be talking to you right now. Jeez you act like I'm licking your face or something," He answers sarcastically.

I burst into laughter at that last comment. Looking up into his eyes and smiling.

"Now there's the happy Cait I know," Adam said, matching my smile.

"So what brings you to my locker this Monday morning?" I said.

"Nothing much, I just wanted to say hi to your gorgeousness and get on my way," he said, smiling, "oh and also to inform you that I am willing to wait until this Friday to end my relationship, but not a second longer. I can't stay away from you that long." He wiggled his eyebrows like the goof he is. I love his humor. It can light up any day.

"I will keep my distance from you until Friday, but be warned, when that day comes, I might pounce," I responded playfully, winking.

"Ooh, I like it, I can't wait for Friday," he answered smiling.

The warning bell rang and we said our goodbyes, heading to our classes.

Friday can't come any quicker.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Friday morning; 11 am

I walked into the cafeteria and sat down at my table with Julie, Marissa, and Charlotte. I pulled my sandwich, carrots, and water bottle out of my backpack and sighed.

"This has been the longest few days of my life!" I said, groaning.

"I know! Coming back from Christmas break is the worst!" Charlotte added, dropping her head into her hands. 

"I think I got 13 hours of sleep total this week," Marissa whined, sipping coffee, "This is my third cup today!" 

"Maybe you should try sleeping and not sneaking to Collin's house at night," Julie said, smirking.

"Hey!" Marissa said, swatting Julie's arm, "That was only once this week!" 

"Someone get this girl an award, she only did it once this week!" Julie says loudly, giggling.