chapter 8

We are sitting here staring at each other and for me it is becoming very uncomfortable so I grab my keys and get out of my car and head to the mall. Everyone is soon following me inside. When we walk inside I head straight for Rue 21 and go towards the beanies.

"We are still here" Ally says out of breath and panting obviously running to catch up with me.

"Sorry guys I don't know I was just scared. I know I suck at singing and did not want to hear you guys tell me." right after I said it I knew I said something wrong. The other girls stare at me like I am crazy. So I turn on my heels and say again "can we just forget it?" when I look back everyone is nodding still not talking until camila shrieks in joy.

"Omg look at this bow it is perfect!!" she grabs the purple bow with a small toy minnie mouse on the top jumping up and down before placing it on her head. We all laughed and I couldn't help but smile widely at her adorableness.

"Wow it looks amazing on you" I blurt out everyone nods their heads to agree she smiles wildly till she looks down to the price tag and gets really upset.

"But the price is not." she set down the bow and walks away back to the entrance of the store obviously upset. The other girls soon follow her out but look at me when they notice I am not.

"Come on Lauren I am hungry!!" Camila whines

"I will be behind you I just need to get something for Taylor." they nod and leave. I watch to make sure they are fully gone before going back picking up the minnie mouse bow and a beanie with the words stay weird upside down. just incase they asked what I got. I payed for it and headed out to see all 4 girls sitting at a table 3 of them laughing at the small Camila shoving Taco Bell down her throat. I could not help but laugh at how adorable she had looked. When I got there they handed me food to hurry and scarf down.

"So what did you get her?" Dinah asks

"I couldn't find her anything she would like so I got myself a beanie" Then I pulled it out of the bag and showed them they all found it adorable. Especially Camila who grabbed it put it on her head and ran around trying to get away from me chasing her to get it back.

After staying for about 2 more hours messing around, trying on and buying clothes we left. I drop everyone to their houses saying bye to everyone and head back home.

I walk inside quietly making sure I do not make noise and walk to my room. I lock the door and lay in my bed. After about 2 hours of trying to go to sleep and not being able to I sit up. But when I look over I recognize a metal object letting light beam off of it. I walk over to my closet where it was and pick it up. Holding it in my hand, dropping to the ground scared, crying and not knowing what else to do.

I look at the picture, eyes blurry from the tears but can not find the courage to look away. It was of me and her. She held me in her arms tight giving me a big hug, Chris photo bombing in the back ground. It was taken the day of the accident. The day when my mom got killed by a drunk driver and I survived. I always blamed myself for living and having her die, me coming home, but my mom staying in a hospital bed for 2 nights only to die the third day. I hated myself to the point I started cutting, sneaking out, smoking, doing anything accept get drunk to get my mind off my mom. The high schooler getting charges pressed but only getting a few years in jail. It on came back in a flash me sitting on the ground with the frame. I got angry I got up and threw the picture letting the glass break after bouncing off the wall. The picture frame now broken. I drop to the ground bawling not knowing what else to do. I start to scream and yell, getting mad getting pissed at the world.

I was hurt.

I was scared.

I was done.