Day Four - Give Everybody A Makeover Day

"Happy Snake Day! Happy Snake Day!" Linda rolled over to hit the alarm clock, but her bashing came to no avail. The loud noise was coming from elsewhere.

Marilyn opened her eyes, looked at the source of the noise (a small box in the corner of the room), threw her phone at the box, and pulled the cover over her head.

The noise stopped. Linda crawled out of bed. Marilyn's phone had destroyed the box, and it was still perfectly intact. She picked up Marilyn's phone, placed it next to Marilyn's bed, and stepped up to the door.

What even was Snake Day?

Linda's question was answered the moment she opened the door.

Live snakes of every colour swarmed the floor, writing and slithering on the banisters. Some were green. Some were red. Some were blue.

Some were black, glowing, semi-translucent, covered in sludge, and sliding along the roof.

Linda shut the door quickly and pressed her back against it so nobody would open it. Marilyn pulled the covers from her head and sat up.

"Mornin'," she said, rubbing her eyes.

"Good morning."

Marilyn rolled out of bed and walked towards the door. "Why are you standing in front of the door?" She reached for the handle, but Linda pushed her hand away.

"Snake. Day."

Dead was woken by his brother's screams. Sad was lying on the ground, green snakes covering his body. When the green snakes finished consuming Sad, they slid off his bones and were consumed by red snakes. A red snake eyed Dead.

He crawled up on to his bed in preparation for attack.

The red snakes just slithered out of the room. Translucent snakes crawled on to Sad's body and began to use it as a playground.

Dead curled up on his bed and watched as two snakes did monkey bars in Sad's ribcage.

"Dead Beanchester at 9:43 AM," Dominus Apis read in a monotone. "The green nakeds are carnivorous, this is not a drill, all caps, exclamation mark exclamation mark exclamation mark." Dominus stared up at Spencer. "Green nakeds?"

Spencer had to jump to look out their door window. "I think he means snakes. They are everywhere."

Dominus lifted Spencer so he could see out easily. He was at least half a foot shorter than Dominus, who could see out the door easily. They stared out to the hallway until a black roof-snake slid across and left a trail of black sludge dripping down the window.

"Hermione! Hermione! You-Know-Who is back!" Clyde stomped on a snake that had slid under the door.

Lily hid under her blankets, screaming like someone who had just been subjected to an unexpected jumpscare.

Why did it have to be snakes? Spiders, scorpions, bees...they were all fine with her. But snakes? Those fork-tongued scaly bastards with long noodly bodies.

She shuddered. Snakes were worse than dogs. Everything about them was horrible. Dogs had a few redeeming qualities, most of them things that they shared with cats.

Snakes had no redeeming qualities whatsoever.

A group of snakes floated past, a six foot five skeleton on their backs. Dead was running after them.

Lily pulled the covers over her head. She was not leaving this room today.

"By the looks of it, the green ones are hostile, the red ones eat the green ones-"