Chapter 9

It changes POV in the middle!

*Mila POV*

****

I hid away from Cameron for the next three days. I felt shame bubble up every time I was in the same room as him, I knew nothing happened but I could just imagine how Ryan would feel if anything did happen. I wasn't a cheater, I didn't WANT to be a cheater.

Fuck he's hot.

SHUT UP!

I thought aggressively. Cool now I'm arguing with myself, I've lost it haven't I?

Without any direction from me my eyes were glued to Cameron as he walked into the kitchen. He was shirtless just coming from outside where he and Jonathan were doing something or other to one of the cars. I didn't know, honestly when they spoke about cars it sounded like a whole other language to me.

He pulled open the fridge, taking a water bottle out and draining it in one swallow. I tracked the sweat that dripped down his body, one solitary bead was making its way between his pecs and down over the smooth ridges of his abs like it was fucking paid to antagonize me.

I wanna lick it.

SHUT THE FUCK UP.

I tried like hell to shove the wanton thoughts out of my head, but it was like trying to breathe underwater. Impossible.

He finished drinking the water and turned towards the living room, his eyes meeting mine instantly as I was leering at him over the back of the couch. My cheeks instantly flamed having been caught staring at him.

He nervously smiled at me, the dimple in his left cheek coming out as he lifted that side of his mouth.

"Hey..." he let the sentence hang.

"Hey" I squeaked. I cleared my throat, "how's the uh truck coming along?"

"It's good." He nodded before we both just awkwardly continued to stare at each other. "So uh I'm gonna," he jerked his thumb over his shoulder nodding towards the laundry room door where the garage was, "get back to it."

"Ok." I waved to him, I watched him walk out of the house.

That's a fine ass.

Yes, yes it is. Fuck I mean no shut up.

The fact that all it took was for him to look at me with bedroom eyes and rub my leg, and I MELTED just proves that I needed to get laid. This is ridiculous. I am a strong woman I will not be brought down by a GUY JUST LOOKING AT ME! PULL YOURSELF TOGETHER! I had an internal image of Edna Mode slapping Elastagirl around playing in my head on a loop now...

great, I am crazy

I opened the book propped on the back of my knees and tried to get back into it, but I couldn't stop the would be kiss from corralling my thoughts. I put a finger to my lips, grazing my bottom one. What would it have been like to let my control slip just a little? To give in to the fire that I saw burning in Cameron's eyes? To say fuck it all and gone for it? Would I have been consumed by his fire, burned up in it, or would it have set me free.

Damn these hormones.

*Cameron POV*

"Do you think she's avoiding me because she felt something or because I freaked her out?" I asked Jonathan later that night. Mila had gone to work tonight, so I didn't have to be careful about what I said and where.