Chapter 8

It had been weeks since Miley's last encounter with Sam Uley, and she was okay with that

It had been weeks since Miley's last encounter with Sam Uley, and she was okay with that. Well..... Not fully. For some reason she had a weird feeling of emptiness with the fact Sam hadn't been around or message her. And don't say 'why don't you try messaging him and talking to him.' Believe it or not Miley actually did text him a few times but got no response and decided it wasn't worth her time. Yet here she was at the diner, thinking of how stupid it was to message a supposed cult leader.

She couldn't help but wonder if that was why he hasn't responded, Because he was to busy with leading his cult and chopping up bodies that he wasn't able to talk to her. Or maybe he was too busy fighting rival gang members over in Port Angela's. But then there was the obvious reason why he wasn't answering her..... he simply didn't like her and just found her to be annoying.

He did have to carry Miley to her room when she had fell asleep in his truck and he probably thought she was just a heavy nuisance the whole time. At least that's what she believed.

The more these thoughts raced through her head the more depressed she began to feel.

The past few weeks had been nothing but sad and lonely. Bella being in a weird form of depression, meaning she doesn't want to do anything or talk about anything. Although Miley really wasn't talking to her anyway since Bella snapped at her so right now Miley was fine not being around her, sister, even though she was beginning to worry.

Their dad began  working late due to all the dead or missing people that have been showing up in the woods. Jacob had been fixing up the rabbit but he still made time to message Miley here and there to reassure her everything was going to be okay. He told her that Embry had fallen ill with mono recently too and hadn't been messaging him back for the last two days. Jacob was starting to worry that Sam and his buddies got to him and made him join them.

Miley had reassured Jake that Embry wouldn't do that. Embry's hatred for Sam and his group by calling Jared and Paul hall monitors on steroids. Jacob just said how much he hoped for Miley to be right and she also hoped she was, Miley knew how devastated he would be losing one of his best friends since they were kids. Miley didn't want Jacob to face the same fate as Bella did with Edward when she lost him. Yes he still has Quil and Miley but she didn't know if that would be enough, because clearly for Bella, Miley wasn't what she wanted or needed.

Miley was wipeing down her last table and pondering when the ding above the door went off signaling there was a new customer. Miley ignored it and watched as Margret a lady in her 50's walked over to the table whoever it was sat at. Miley grabbed the dirty dishes from a different table and turned around to head to the kitchen to go put them in the sink when she froze. Sitting there in all his glory was Sam Uley and by the looks of it his eyes were watching her as he ordered from Margret.

Miley almost dropped the tub of dishes on the floor but instead of react to him being there she kept a straight stoic face and walked into the kitchen placing the dishes in the sink. Miley clocked out and changed out of her uniform into some black jeans and her blue T-shirt with her converse on.