Chapter 29

Sam p/v

Everything has been so hectic lately, at least more so than usual for us shape shifters. For starters having to set a patrol schedule to keep Miley secure from any danger. Jacob actually told me when I gave the newest schedule how Miley would break at sometime soon from the constant "body guards" surrounding her. But I pushed it off, surely Miley had to understand what was necessary for her safety.

But soon her behavior seemed to become more skittish as the days went by. I pushed it off as Miley just being nervous seeing Bella again after everything that happened. Just thinking about it makes my blood boil but I move the hatred aside for my imprints wishes.

Here we are to today, I had to dress up for the special occasion because there's no way I'd let Miley go somewhere alone, let alone when there's vampires around. Miley looked beautiful as always, I kept glancing at her as we made our way to Bella's graduation. If she ever caught me she would send a shy smile my way before turning away blushing. That's one of the things I love about her, even though we've been together awhile now she still gets shy around me. I however do get jealous and annoyed when she's constantly around the pack and we can never get alone time together it seems anymore. But once we stop and figure out what the leach is trying to do with Miley, we can put a stop on it and finally go back to normal. Or at least whatever we consider normal.

___________________

After the graduation Miley decided to spend time with Charlie knowing it would be hard on him with his two girls all grown up.
It took ten minutes for her to convince me, and that was only when charlie mentioned going out to celebrate with his two girls. Even then I was uneasy for some reason, but I pushed my wolfs instincts aside and allowed her to go without me hiding and watching the diner. Knowing fully well the boys would be patrolling anyway.

When I heard Jacobs thoughts about a graduation party for Bella at the Cullen's I didn't think much of it until thoughts soon dawned on me. Would Miley stay with vcharlie while bella goes to party? And the other thought made my stomach clench. I patrolled Mileys old house as if it were nothing but instead I listened in but only heard one inside. And with Charlie's cruiser in the front that could only mean one thing. I ran to the borderline right as Jacob, Quil, and Embry can walking over.

Quil kept his gaze down trying to avoid looking at me, but if ANYONE was gonna spill the beans it was him. "So how was the party, must have been awkward not knowing many people? See anyone you knew Quil?" Speaking directly to him made him look up in both shock and fear as if he didn't know what to say, he began mumbling and stuttering out a mess of words. But in the midst of his ramble I heard it. Miley. He thought of her which immediately went around the four of us. Jacob and embry began complaining as Quil apologised but it was too late I was stalking back home as jacob explained the battle about to commence.

I chewed Jacob out for involving us without my permission, a bit more upset then I should have but with current situation I didn't care. My soulmate had been around the blood suckers and left thankfully before the boys. If in had discovered she was still there I probably would have went there to get her myself, and that itself would have ended bad.

____________________

The usually cheery room was dead silent as we waited for Miley to arrive. When she pulled in I felt my scowl deepen. She walked in wearing new clothes she must have packed or had at Charlie's on. And smelt as if she'd just taken a shower only making me angrier knowing she was trying to hide what she did.

"We're sooooo sorry! Please don't punish us! It was all her idea!" Quil began sobbing out looking at me in fear. Miley gasped and both Embry and Jacob snickered. Everyone knew what was coming. Miley smacked Quil so hard on the back of the head with a wooden spoon that was on the counter. He immediately stopped his fake blubbering and looked at her in utter shock while the others laughed besides me of course. Under any other circumstances I would have chuckled along but at the moment I was too pissed.

"Everyone out!" I said in a cold voice. The little fun being had died out immediately and slowly but surely the pack left. Except Jacob who remained seated glaring at me and seeming to defy my orders. "I said leave Jacob" I seethed through gritted teeth but Jacob didn't so much as blink and continued to glare back at me. "No" he said calmly. "I said leave Jacob!" I all but snarled practically in Jacobs face. But Jacob slowly stood and said "No" with a bit more edge to it. "The last time you two were alone in a situation like this it didn't exactly end well.......so I'm staying." Jacob stated trying to remain calm.

I took a deep breath thinking of hat i had done in the past before turning away from Jacob and then to me. "Why?" I asked feeling like just giving up from defeat. "I don't like being treated like a prisoner, I don't need a constant security detail around the house." She said like it was the most simple thing in the world. I couldn't completely stop my hands from shaking lightly and tried to remain calm. "I'm protecting you for a good reason especially with this new threat approaching, so you'll just have to deal with the extra protection." I couldn't help but seethed. " No I will not deal with it....... Jacob let's go."

Jacob stood up not seeming confused at all, he knew what she wanted, I got more pissed however, "Your answer for everything, running away" I said in a voice that didn't sound like my own with that dangerous edge to it. "And again your answer for every time something bad happens, getting angry." She mocked me before going to the bedroom and grabbing a things. I stared Jacob down and once she was out of hearing range, i whispered out my frustrations. "Are you kidding me Jacob? I'm trying to protect her and your putting her life more at risk!" I silently yelled. Jacob looked at me blantanly as if i was the idiot here, then his scowl came back. " you don't see your pushing her away? See how long she puts up with this. I was right the first time. Don't make me right a second one." He said heatedly back. Before i could reply to his statement Miley walked out of the bedroom and grabbed Jacob by the arm dragging him away from me.

As I heard her car start and leave I felt my whole body begin to shake and went running outside

As I heard her car start and leave I felt my whole body begin to shake and went running outside. My human hands and feet soon turned into four large paws. As I paced back and forth I could feel the rest of the pack trying to silently pick through my head what had happened. Which once again resulted in Quil blowing their cover and earning a few good wacks. After contemplating what to do for a good five minutes I went running to Charlie's to make sure she at least got home safe. On the way I ran past Billy's house. A glimpse of something made me stop.

Parked outside was Mileys car, my blood seemed to begin boiling once again. I sat in the brush and began listening to Miley and Jacobs conversation. "No, I mean the last time you were here and with me he didn't take it so well...... Why doesn't he like me?" He asked. " I don't know he always gets easily jealous but with you its worse. I think he believes that you and I would do something" she laughed causing Jacob to laugh to. Which resulted in billy yelling for them to shut up, causing them both to giggle quietly."Well no matter what I'm gonna protect you this time" Jacob said with determination. "What happened to me isn't your fault, you couldn't of stopped it." She said trying to ease his guilt. I felt a pang of quilt knowing they were talking about the incident from when I clawed Mileys side.

"You don't understand how I felt seeing you like that, .....laying there so helpless, covered in blood" he croaked eyes tearing up the slightest. "And then the stuff with Bella...... I'm sorry that I didn't stay with you that day, even though I knew you were hurting." He whispered. "Jacob I don't blame you for anything, plus I'm trying to be good with Bella again although I can forgive her I will never forget it." She whispered back. "Goodnight Jake" she said rolling over hearing him mutter a goodnight back before falling asleep.

I watched Jacobs window and could see my sharp bright yellow eyes in the reflection. I was literal wolf watching its prey waiting and yearning for morning.