Chapter 24

Miley p/v

It was like another regular day with the pack. Them stuffing their faces with my food, me cooking, laughing, jokes, and of course teasing each other. The only thing missing was a complaining Jacob. He wasn't here yet, which is weird since he is usually one of the first ones here. When he did finally arrive he looked worried and grim. Everyone let out a sigh asking what was wrong and he glared at how non caring we were, but at this point we were sick of hearing about Isabella. "Her and her leech left town......to go see Renee." He spat it out like it was poison in his mouth. I will admit I was confused on why they would up and leave for Jacksonville but it was nothing to be as upset as he was. No one said anything meaning they didn't really see the problem either. Jacob looked at us as if we were complete moron's.

"Don't you get it?! He could be changing her in to one of their own on different territory" he seethed at us. We all blinked not saying anything, we didn't know what to say until Sam spoke up from beneath me. "Its against the treaty for them to change someone else....you know that." Sam said for the hundredth time. Sam and Jacob always got into a fight about Bella wanting to become a vampire. Jacob tries to tell us how its impossible and if it happens we have to kill the leech family, where as Sam says that if Bella marries into the family she will officially be a Cullen and there will be nothing we can do.

I am on Sam's side completely, and its not because I hate my sister and want nothing to do with her. I think of it as if Sam were to live forever and how I would always want to be by his side. Although sometimes I feel like my sister didn't truly love Edward and is just using him for immortality, she has always feared aging since I could remember. Jacob gets mad at me for taking Sam's side but I think he's just hurt no one else wants to stop Isabella like himself, sometimes he throws it out that she's my sister and that I should want her to live a long mortal life. He usually gets punished by the pack when he says that and he ends up apologizing later.

---------------------------------------------

As Embry, Paul and Leah were on patrol, Sam and I were in bed kissing thinking maybe tonight would be the night when a howl echoed through the night. I instantly knew it was Victoria again, she's been gone a while but she's the only known vampire to be in the area ever. Other than the dark leech the pack always relived killing. I quickly hopped off Sam and had to tell him he needed to go. "Fine but we will finish this one way or another." He said with a growl before pecking my lips and running outside. I heard him shift outside and laid in bed scared to be myself, what if she came here?

A loud bang made me scream silently and grab at my chest...... It came from the living room. I swung my legs to the side of the bed looking at the door expecting someone or something to come through the door. And when the door opened I pressed myself against the corner of the room only to be met with a pair of bright yellow eyes. There in all her glory was Alice Cullen. She let out a sigh of relief and sped faster than a normal human right to me and hugged me tightly. "I'm so glad your okay, I was so worried. I didn't know if I'd get here in time!" She exclaimed crushing me slightly. I was so tense that I didn't dare move.

Feeling how uneasy I was she quickly released me and looked around making sure we truly were alone. "Uum why are you here?" I asked, I was going to throw in a no offense but she did technically just barge into my house. "I had a vision...... It didn't matter, what matters is that your okay." She said quickly before a loud howl came from outside. I heard the packs pounding feet and knew they thought I was in trouble. They could probably smell the fact a Cullen had passed the treaty line. "You should go.......they won't be coherent with what just happened plus a Cullen passing the treaty line will be like practical buffet to them." I said trying to make her leave although I have a huge distaste for the Cullen family.

She gave me a small smile and sped out of the room at lightening speed and left me standing there in bewilderment. Did she have a vision of Victoria hurting me? And why me? Wasn't she after Bella?

My thoughts went blank when I heard all the packs worried yells coming into the house, especially Sam who sounded distraught. I hadn't missed however that Jared, Jacob and Paul weren't here. I walked out and had just exited the hallway when I was swept up into a bear hug that was literally crushing me. If it couldn't get worse it became a big group hug with the rest of the pack making it even harder to breath. It wasn't until Leah yelled for everyone to let me breathe that they all let go immediately.

Sam began checking my body for any sign of injury while the rest of the pack seemed to be growling about the stench of a Cullen in there spot. "What happened? Did they hurt you? Did they bite you? Why were they here?" Sam asked in a panicked tone. I grabbed his face and made him look me in the eyes. "I'm fine, she didn't do anything to me. Alice had a vision I guess..... Something about Victoria trying to come here for me......" I trailed off feeling Sam vibrating under my hands. I removed my hands and got a good distance away in case he shifted. He didn't but he seemed to not be angry at the Cullen's and was now angry at Victoria.

He began making a new schedule for patrols making sure that I especially had more protection, he even said that I was not to be left alone at all times. I joked he was going a bit far but he just stayed serious saying he wasn't risking anything, I rolled my eyes earning snickers from the pack and a "glare" from Sam. No one was excited for Paul's return however. Apparently he and 'Emmet' had gotten into it when Emmett tried crossing the border. We knew he was gonna be pissed that a Cullen was here of all places. And we were not wrong.

As soon as he walked through the door he took a big exasperated sniff, his eyes instantly became slits as he glared around. His eyes fell on me and walked up to me, everyone held their breaths. He then sniffed me and made a face of disgust and anger. He just turned around and went back outside. I let out a sigh as he walked out and embry offered to go show him through the wolf telepathy what I had said earlier. I then told Jacob and Jared and they two looked angry, but jacob seemed to have this look that made me uneasy. I knew he was planning something and more than likely something stupid but decided not to comment on it.

Don't get me wrong we are still friends, but every time we talk he has to bring up Bella and at this point I can't deal with hearing her name 24/7. Plus I know he's gonna get his heart broken in the long run, he isn't going to end up with Bella. I just wish he would imprint already and get it over with.

If only I knew he'd be dragging Isabella back into my life yet again.