Chapter 14

Miley could hear this beeping noise that seemed to be going to a specific rhythm

Miley could hear this beeping noise that seemed to be going to a specific rhythm. Her nose was burning from this weird smell, no fresh air hitting her nose, instead it was sterile and lifeless. She could hear murmurs coming from all around her, one voice seemed to make the rhythm to the beeping speed up when ever she heard it.

Miley kept trying to open her eyes but they felt as if they'd been glued shut. She let out a groan of frustration and the room went quiet besides the beeping. Someone grabbed her hand rubbing soothingly as she felt the air get cold suddenly.

Finally able to open her eyes they found him straight away but Miley continued glancing around and saw familiar hospital walls. She felt a squeeze on her hand and met her fathers tear stained face. She just didn't understand what was happening....... What was she doing here?

"Why am I here?" Miley croaked out earning her dad to glance at Sam before looking back at her with concern yet a sense of anger. "You got attacked by a bear on the way home from Jacob's house.......Sam got there and scared the bear off but......" His eyes wandered down towards her stomach and a memory came to mind. A giant black paw coming down at her and suddenly a numbness in her stomach.

Mileys eyes got big looking around the room, Bella was there but not there, she looked like she was depressed yet again. Jacob was no where in sight which surprised Miley since he was always so protective. But then another memory seemed to resurface, she was laying on the ground....... Jacobs looking at her...... he was crying? He never cries. He looked different, he looked a lot like Sam.

Suddenly a flash of memories came and Miley realized Jacob had shifted. But that's not the only thing she remembered, she also remembered Sam's shaking form right before the paw came down. He did this to her.......

Miley's eyes look down at her hand holding her dads hand. Bella seems too busy moping to notice that Miley is alive and Sam......he stood there.

Earlier when Miley had looked at him, he looked exhausted and almost like he was dying. She slowly lifted her gaze up to him to see him as humanly far away as possible in the small room. Charlie excused him and Bella leaving Miley alone with Sam, he walked closer to her bed but kept his distance at the same time. "I'm sorry,........you will never understand how sorry I am... I understand if you never want to see me again. I'll do whatever it is to make it up to you, even if that means killing myself to rid you of a burden like me." Miley's throat clenched up at that last phrase.

He would kill himself for her......... The thought of him dying seemed to make her heart cramp up and freeze. His eyes were bloodshot from crying and he had heavy bags under his eyes. He looks like he's aged years when it could only have been days. Miley knew she was supposed to be mad but...... It was not entirely his fault, she had been the one who pushed boundaries she knew were set up.

Miley felt tears prick her eyes as she looked up at the ceiling, while letting out a trembling sigh. She shut her eyes tightly earning a tear to pop out and slide down her face.

Looking back at him Miley felt a sob choke her up and instantly his eyes shot up from the comforter to look at her, "I don't hate you Sam, and I never want to hear you would or will kill yourself, do you understand that would scar me more than a couple scratches. I need you here...... with me. So please just stay here and be with me.........that's how you can make it up to me just please stay. I can't do this by myself I need you." Miley says as fresh tears rundown both their faces.

He looks down as if he's thinking of what to do before looking up at her with determination, "Miley I could never hurt you again..... And" before he could finish Miley sobbed once again. "No this hurts me more than any dumb scratches! I need you and if you leave me by killing yourself or just ignoring my existence forever I can't promise I won't do the same...... Please just stay with me." His eyes got wide at her mention of suicide and he came to a decision. "Okay" was all he said but it was enough to take away her pain and fill her with a sweet numbing feeling instead.

Miley felt a hand grab her own and looked up smiling into his face before a throat clearing entered the room. The pair looked at the door to see a nurse walk in. It was none other than Sue Clearwater, she probably despised Miley since she was with her daughters ex. Sue's smile was tight and her fake making Miley instantly feel nervous and guilty, she was staring at the couples interlocked hands before she cleared her throat again.

Miley was a blushing mess but Sam wasn't letting go and seemed like he was protecting his imprint from Sue's criticism without saying a word to her. She began telling Miley about her medications, next appointments and told her she would be able to leave in a few days. Miley couldn't hide her relief since she despised hospitals,..... Ever since her year playing volleyball where she broke her leg.

But holding Sam's hand she felt invincible and like no one could tear her down.....(get it?)

Okay guys I don't know how or when I'll be able to update I'm getting WiFi that's terrible soon so your gonna have to give me
Some time to find WiFi around town I can use for free.