Chapter 9

Sam couldn't talk to Miley for weeks, almost a whole month and it felt like it was killing him

Sam couldn't talk to Miley for weeks, almost a whole month and it felt like it was killing him. The reason was because Embry's phasing and chasing the red headed cold one, she keeps crossing the border to head towards Forks. Sam had been watching her as he did his patrols but it still was not good enough compared to the real thing.

Then his  phone broke when it was in his pocket from shifting to stop Paul from ripping Embry apart for making a snide comment on his intelligence at school work. Sam still had to buy a phone when he could but he knew Miley's number from heart so that's not a problem at least. If his month couldn't get any worse, Leah came barreling into his house one night on a rampage about Miley. Apparently someone had told her that Sam was seen hanging out with Miley immediately after dumping her. Leah accused him of cheating, she said that Miley was a slut for taking a man who wasn't single, how could Sam do this to her? And if it had been worth it?

Sam almost phased at her bad mouthing Miley and calling her a slut when she is the most innocent and non slutty girl in the entire world. But Sam controlled it by remembering that Leah was heart broken, he was too before meeting Miley. Plus he had ended things with her so quick without a real explanation to help ease her self hatred and hatred towards him.

Leah had left right after she got everything out and left looking ready to breakdown yet with her head held high as if her eyes weren't glossing over right in front of Sam. It hurt but he knew this had to happen to help Leah move on and to show Sam that they would never have worked. They have always both been block headed and two very dominant personality's, they clashed too much to ever truly be happy.

After not seeing or talking to Miley in one month he didn't know what he thought was gonna happen when he did talk to her again. Maybe she'd run into his arms and hug him, tell him what's been happening in her life recently. But instead Sam was met with a cold shoulder when he showed up at her work to talk about them maybe going out so he could ease her into his world.

Sam didn't want her to be disgusted by what he  was and hate him forever, Sam wanted her to care enough about him to stay and be with him.
Sam softly but firmly grabbed her shoulder to stop her from walking away from him and to Jacob. She let out a quiet sigh and turned around facing Sam as he looked at her wondering why she was acting so distant, then at Jacob walking up behind her. "Miley I was just wondering if I could talk to you?" Sam asked as he glared at Jacob making him stop walking so he wouldn't interrupt them. Miley scoffed and grabbed Sam's wrist and removed his hand from her shoulder.

That made him look at her, feeling rejected and ready to break any second hoping she wasn't gonna do what he thought she was about to do.

Miley lifted up her eye brow and shook her head like she couldn't believe what he had just asked. "You actually thought that after almost a month of not talking to me you could just show up to my job and act like you didn't completely ignore me?" She asked like Sam was insane. "I wish I could explain to you why but you just have to trust me on this okay?" Sam's voice cracked showing how upsetting her rejection. "That's the thing, I don't trust you"  she says as she walks away and towards Jacob who is staring at Sam with confusion and curiosity, and slight fear. But Miley just kept walking and didn't even bother glancing back.

Sam was shaking so bad at this point he ran into the woods before he phased in the diner parking lot. When Sam did phase he ran in the woods practically side by side with Billy Blacks truck, but stayed far enough in the woods to hide his true form. After Miley arrived at Billy's, Sam stepped up close to the tree line to get a good look at her expression. A loud crack came from under his paw making Sam cuss in his head as she looked directly at him. He held still and she didn't see him as she quickly walked into the garage with Jacob.

Sam changed back into human form and went and had a serious talk with Billy on what to do with the situation. "Talk with her and fix it Sam.... You know the legends and how important the bond is, she can feel it too. Fix things with her  don't put anymore of a strain on the connection it'll only lead to worsen things son." He told Sam making the boy nod slowly with nerves. He also said that Sam might want to tell her his secret but take her to the woods so Jacob didn't see.

This ruined how Sam had planned on showing her, his plan to make her care. Sam hoped that maybe there would be a different way to make her forgive him.

Billy called out Miley's name from the ramp and a couple minutes later Jacob ran out and froze seeing Sam. His eyes were wide as he glanced between his father and the supposed cult leader. When Billy told Jacob to get Miley a scowl became evident on his face he glared Sam down. Sam expected him to start cussing him out or something but instead Jacob nodded and walked back into the garage.

(Obviously you know why he shifted so I won't re write that but here what he was feeling and thinking as this happened.)

But after Sam shifted in front of her he instantly felt all his fears come to light as he watched her turn around and see him as a wolf. She looked around to find Sam but came to soon realise what he was and she didn't say anything or really react. Sam laid down on his belly whining as he looked into her eyes begging. Billy must have heard the loud rip of clothes or had been watching because a moment later he wheeled out and scolded Sam to get in the woods.

And of course silently watching all Sam's thoughts through this entire process was Jared, he hadn't said a thing from the diner till now. Sam knew it'd be a reference used for anyone that had an imprint "The wolf's been let out of the bag" Jared said making Sam roll his eyes.

But Jared did seem a little jealous that Sam's imprint actually knew what he was and didn't have a total freak out, or at least not yet. He's been wanting to tell Kim for some time now and doesn't know what to do or really what to say.

Sam and him are in the same boat since Sam didn't know what he wanted to tell Miley either, but he guessed it'd be easier with Billy nearby to help. He's told legends over and over again at the council meetings and bonfires. Sam was just hoping Miley would be able to take it well.