I

Dear diary,
Dearest diary,
I am trying to think of a good way of saying this while at the same time I am trying to figure out how much I should disclose to you while still remaining safe. I am good at this. In fact, I am great at this. That is, keeping secrets. As you can tell I still do not trust you. I never will. Not with you or any of your kind.
Lock and key are never enough to tame you for you still manage to find a way to blab it out. This is not a poem regardless of everything. It is also not meant to be nice so don’t expect it to.

******

“I still do not understand.” Shea told me throwing my phone back on the bed as her frustration radiated in waves.I did not respond. Instead, I zipped up my last bag and took out my purse to peer inside it.

Passport check.

Envelope check.

Documents check.

My travel itinerary check.

I still felt like I was forgetting some thing. So, I turned around to look about the room that is until i noticed my power bank and the charger still connected to the socket. I strode over to the wall and plugged them out before throwing them inside my mid-sized travelling bag.

Charger check.

Power bank check.

Shea huffed next to me.

“I do not know why I even bother. Talking to you is just like speaking to a wall!” I turned to her and engulfed her in a hug.

“I love you too siz.”

Shea sniffed,hugging me back despite it all and after what felt like an eternity, she pulled away wiping off a stray tear that had made its way down her brown cheeks.

“It’s not forever. I will be back, and there is skype and facebook and phones!” I encouraged.

“You are not even on facebook,” she countered back.

“Ah! Yea, right.” I answered, picking up my phone from the bed where I had left it lying. Shea smacked my back and I laughed. She knew me quite well.

“Call me, okay?” I nodded and I finally saw her smile. She was worried too much and many times it felt like she was nagging. But today was different. We would not see each other in a while so attempted to be more patient. After all I was the big sister.

I picked up my luggage and Shea helped carry Bri’s bags. I hadn’t packed much, just the sentimental stuff. The rest, I planned to buy reroute and when I finally got there. Travelling with a toddler was hectic, therefore that was the only way I could manage.

We left my room on the second floor and met our parents at the doorway. I placed my bags down to give my dad a hug and he hugged me back as always.

“Take good care kiddo.”

“I will dad.” I said pulling away before slowly turning to my mom, who was still upset I could see, but I was overlooking it.

“Troy?” she questioned quietly.

“Mum,” I tried to say calmly, but I came off sounding irritated. Dad gave her a look and she relented while sighing away rather noisily. What can I say, my mum was a drama queen.

“I was just trying to help. You just don't want to hear me speak. No one in this house wants to hear me speak! ”

I pulled her into a hug and walked out  before she could say anything else. More than what she had already said that is. I was not sure o had the patience to weather it. Therefore, I fled and headed towards the car.