Chapter Four.

Dearest Diary,

I love my sister, but sometimes she can be a pain. I am this close to strangling her, binding her up and packing her up in a container ship headed to Antarctica, just to put a cap on her endless snooping and interferance in my personal business.

Combine that with a crazy toddler, a busy work schedule and that leaves me with very little space to breath. I am just glad that I am sending her to school, something else that my sister has something to say about.

With the way she's been going at it, you would think that she is in cahoots with Monica. Just pray and hope that I don't blow a fuse and do something that we will all regret.

************************************************************

"I can't take it anymore! She's driving me insane!" I declare and Troy rich laughter seeps through the earpiece.

"I mean what's so bad about Briella going to school here!"

"Hey calm down. We don't want you pop a hernia now."

"This is not funny! She's cruel! You wouldn't know! She sees you like an angel!"

Troy chuckles again and I am tempted to reach through the phone and knock his grin off.

"Why don't you just tell her. Maybe she'll go easy on you."

"No! I am going to knock her out and ship her off to the South pole."

"Darling, I don't think that's legal."

"Who cares!"

"I care. I wouldn't want to lose you when I have just found you. Speaking of which, I am coming for Christmas and New year."

I nod at that piece of information, turning it over in my mind and for a moment my old fear rears its head.

"I guess you can't afford to miss Bri's first day of school."

Troy pauses for a moment and I know that my words have gotten him thinking.

"Yea, but that's not the only reason." He finally says in a more sombre tone. "I miss you too you know."

I nod even though I know he cannot see me. I look at the wall clock and realise that it is getting late. It's nine o' clock in the morning and I am supposed to have a meeting at the other end of town in less than forty five minutes.

"I have to go."

"Is it because of what I have said." Troy asks me, sounding hurt.

" No. I have a meeting." I reply, holding my phone between my ear and shoulder to gather up my things up.

"Oh. Okay..." He hesitates before adding. "I love you." At that, I stand up straight and blush.

"I love you too."

We say our goodbyes and I hang up my phone to continue organising and packing my stuff. I am so busy bent over work that I do not hear the padding feet on the tiled floor until they are close enough to startle me.

"Who was that?"

"Shea!" I yell, jumping back in surprise.

"I heard you. I saw you blush. Was it Davis?" She accuses pointing her finger at me.

"What is it to you? Do you have a crush on him?"

"No. Do you?"

I am saved from answering her when my phone rings and I turn to pick the call from David. Shea grumbles beside me, but I ignore her, putting on a smile as I greet my friend.