Chapter Fifteen.

I enter my house thinking quite seriously about my afternoon. The meeting with Dr. Mwangaza was as serious as I had thought and it bothered me not just because of the changes that were happenning, but because of the other thing that Linda had told me.

My anonymity in writing is everything to me. I get to do what I like, while making a lot of money and still maintaining an air of privacy, something that popularity would steal away from me. Not that I am bragging, but after my book was made into a setbook, my pseudonyms popularity skyrocketed and it is now a household name within many circles in East Africa. Therefore you see why I would be concerned about a presidential award and making an appearance to receive it.

I heave out a sigh of exasperation and close the front doors behind me. For a house that is full of people it is eerily quiet and I strain my ears to listen. A faint clang emanates from what I believe is the kitchen and as I listen more faint sounds drift towards me from my study.

I readjust my handbag and begin to walk to my study. I pull the door open and the sight that meets my eyes has the blood draining from face.

"What are doing?" I yelp stairing at the pair that is bent over my desk. Four pairs of eyes look up to face me with a varying degree of curiosity and confusion etched on each face.

"Why?" Troy asks me his confused gaze taking in my frazzled state. "We're just doing her homework." He goes on to tell me and it takes all that I am to contain myself.

"No! I help her do her homework, not you!" I grit out careful not to scare my curious daughter away.

"What is wrong Attara?" My father asks me and I feel like a little girl bringing up something to her.

"She's crazy, that's what." My cousin says and I turn to glare at him.

"No." I say turning back to my father. "This days I'm either at work or Bri is at school. We hardly spend time together, that's why homework hour is our personal time to bond."

Silence reigns in the room and if you listen keenly you can almost hear the gears turning as they chew my words around.

"I am sorry." Troy says, the look of confusion finally leaving his face as he breaks his silence. "I didn't know. Otherwise I am not trying to take your mother and daughter time away from you."

"I know." I reply walking forward to take a seat on the brown leather sofa. "I am just stresssed out and I am taking it out on you." I add thinking more soberly through my reaction.

"I told you... Crazy!"

"I swear Dom what have you been taking? You're not the same person I knew!"

"Never mind him. He's just tired. With the extra work he's been doing for your company, I doubt that he's getting any sleep." My father tells me obviously trying to ease out the tension that has been brewing between my cousin and I.

"Oh,"I say awkwardly. "But that doesn't give him the license to be mean with me. If you had any issues you should have said something." I direct the last part to Dom and at least he has the decency to look ashamed. "I am not God. I can't know everything unless you tell me." I add, albeit a little bit more softly.

"I can help after all, we're partners now." Troy says and I feel my father's eyes in me.

"I told him."

"More like she was forced to tell me." Troy jokes.

"Do tell. It all sounds like a very interesting story." My father says and I nod at Troy.

"Why don't you tell him, I'll take over from you." I stand and begin to walk to my desk where Briella is busy scribbling all over her nursery school workbook. I push Troy from his seat and he gives me an amused look before walking over to join the rest of the men on the lounging area.