Chapter Five - Olivia

Here's chapter 5! Chapters 6, 7, 8, 9 and 10 are already up on Radish if you want to read ahead!

Walking towards the bar, somebody pulls me into the liquor room, lightly backing me against the door as it shuts. The dim lighting allows me to see Blake, smiling down at me.

I feel my cheeks heat up. "Hey, Blake."

"Did last night make things awkward between us?" He asks, pushing his hair back. "I just wanted to make sure that everything's cool."

"Yeah, I'm totally cool, practically frozen over here. Why do you ask?" Lie, total lie. I feel so awkward. I don't know how to handle the post-hook up confrontation. Jeez, I couldn't even imagine if we'd had sex, just knowing he's seen me without a shirt on, drives me crazy.

"Well, you haven't looked at me in the four hours that we've been working together and you haven't said a word."

Half true. I've definitely been snagging glances when I knew for sure he wasn't paying attention. "We've been busy because Monica's running late," I point out. Typically, I'm good at multitasking, but apparently I just can't do it around Blake. I feel ridiculous.

One hand cups the side of my face while the other snakes around my waist. "So we're good?" He checks.

I nod my head slowly, letting him kiss me. My knees want to buckle, but I stand my ground. I refuse to let him have this much power over me. As much as it pains me to do so, I break the kiss. "We should really get back out there."

"Will you come over tonight?"

"Blake..."

He chuckles. "Not like that, I swear. I think we should talk about this, I promise I'll behave."

Maybe then will be a better time to tell him that I don't do things like this, if it's not already obvious to him. I can't decide if he'll get-off on my uncharted territory or if he'll be weirded out about it. Not sure which is worse.

"Okay," I tell him.

I check on some of the tables and once everybody has their food and drinks, I stand behind the bar and help Jack mix up drinks for the VIP lounge. I mainly just handle the food and drink orders, I'm still trying to pick up the whole 'bartending' thing. I get to mix drinks every now and then, but Monica and the guys usually handle that.

Times like this, when we're really busy with a bigger party is when I get to pickup tips on mixing drinks. Like right now, there's a group of sorority girls celebrating a birthday and apparently this is just the "pre-party" party. However, they're already pretty wasted.

I never thought I would have the patience or social skills to be a waitress slash bartender, but when your customers are basically all wasted, it's not that difficult. It's like babysitting a bunch of large adult-babies. And if I say something stupid, they're too trashed to notice.

Jack makes me take the drinks so he doesn't have to be around the obnoxious girls. With the tray on my shoulder and held steady with my palm, I trudge into sisterhood.

"Hi ladies," I greet nicely, setting the tray on their table. I call out drinks and they shuffle around on their heels to grab them.

"Hey, can you do me a huge favor?" one of the girls calls out to me. I look back out at the bar area that's quickly starting to pick up, knowing that I should be back out there. Eh, they've got it, so I let the gorgeous brunette speak her mind as she adjusts her Birthday Girl sash across her chest. "Will you tell Blake that he has yet to wish his girlfriend a happy birthday?"