Chapter Twelve - Reggie

Sorry for any mistakes! Let me know what you think in the comments. Chapters 13-15 are on Radish if you want to read ahead! 

**

One of my professor cancels class on Tuesday, so I head straight back to the apartment. I completely intend to sleep the rest of the day away, despite Penny's protests. I may have caved and hooked up with her again on Saturday night.

Frankie and I were at a party, she was there with her friends, it just happened and I let it. She's a nice girl, a little rough around the edges, but she has her perks; they're double D's.

I smoke a bowl before curling up to go back to sleep, taking comfort in the fact that I don't have anything to worry about for the time being. Luckily I don't even have to pick my sister up from school, she's got some study group planned with her friends and is getting a ride home later.

After Sunday night, I feel like such a piece of shit. Just thinking about how it must've looked to Olivia and my sister makes me cringe. My sister especially. I fought like to hell to not overdo it and I lost all control in one afternoon.

The sight had to be bad enough for Olivia to drag me into the shower and turn the cold water on me. There have been a few times where I vaguely remember her just carting me off to my bed or covering me up with a blanket, but those times I have recollection of.

I don't even remember coming home and topping off a whole bottle of Macallan. I can't even remember falling back asleep. All I know is that I woke up Monday morning almost immediately after Olivia set a steaming hot cup of coffee on my nightstand along with two Advil.

I wonder if that means I won't have to make a direct apology. I hate those. However, she's always the person who deserves them the most, which is why I try not to put myself in the situation to have to apologize to her.

I'm better with gestures, I'm more capable of showing my apologies, rather than using my words. After all, don't they say actions speak louder than words?

An hour into not being able to fall asleep, I find myself scrolling through Facebook and Instagram on my phone, stalking the fuck out of Olivia. I've never really gone through all of her pictures, but there are a lot of them. Only a few of them are of herself, but mostly just places and pictures of quotes she's snapped from books.

It reminds me of the first time I met Olivia, her mom brought her over to go swimming with us in our pool. She showed up in jeans, a baggy shirt, and a polaroid camera hanging from a strap around her neck. Her hair was piled on the top of her head in a messy bun of curls, much like the ones she wears now.

Olivia didn't swim very long, she wasn't really much for the water. I don't think she'd ever admit it, but I'm not sure she can swim all that well. Within thirty minutes, she was out of the pool in her one piece swim suit that drove my imagination crazy.

Of all the pool parties I've ever been to, I have never seen a girl willingly wear a one piece. And not a fancy one piece with sexy cutouts revealing skin. Just a plain, dark green one piece.

I wonder whatever happened to that polaroid camera, she always had it with her and then one day she just stopped having it around. I mean, that thing was her life. An entire wall in her room at her parents house is covered in polaroid pictures from over the years that she had it.

Clearly Olivia still takes pictures though, according to her Instagram. I stop on a picture that was posted almost a year ago, around Christmas time. It's of us.

She has a picture of us? More importantly, she posted it? I know that she has multiple polaroid pictures from high school of her and I, both separately and together. We look so happy in this one, her especially.