Chapter Twenty-Two - Reggie

"Do you want to pregame it at Sal's? We could try and sweet-talk Olivia into free drinks?" Frankie suggests as he comes up on a stop light.

I chuckle. "Nah, she's been pretty pissed at me lately, I should probably lay low for a bit. What's Angie doing?"

"She's got something going on with her sorority and I was not about to be paraded around in a damn costume," he pauses. "I'm thinking of ending things with her, she's so...controlling."

"You're just now noticing?" I joke.

"I just hate when girls act so cool and casual in the beginning and then they want to put up all these rules," he rambles. "It sucks that Olivia and that Blake guy are a thing now, she's pretty cool."

I jerk my head to look at him. "And?"

Frankie shrugs. "Nothing, man. She's hot and I guess I never really noticed. Well, I noticed, I just thought you were lying when you said you didn't have anything going on with her so I tucked her in the sibling zone."

I've been on edge since I woke up earlier and hearing him talk about Olivia like this isn't helping.

Olivia was gone by the time I strolled out of my room earlier at two in the afternoon. I woke up briefly around ten in the morning to the sound of her blow dryer and chatting between her and Keely. Last night was awkward as fuck because I had to give Keely a ride back to my place because the car was parked outside.

"You two really never hooked up?"

Images of Olivia's legs straddled across my lap, fingers intertwined through my hair flood my mind. The feeling of her sugary tongue tangled with mine and her lips, fuck, her lips felt like pure fucking bliss. No other girl has ever had such an intense effect on me. Even now with the memory of her grinding on top of me is making my pants tight.

I clear my throat, searching for words. Frankie should know by now that I'm not really one to fuck and tell. Even if I were, I'm sure as hell not sharing that night with him. "Uh, no."

"Okay, but you've at least thought about it, am I right?"

So fucking right. "I guess, man." I shrug.

"Whatever. I can tell that her being with Blake pisses you off. I'm not blind, you know."

"Does Angie know you spend this much time thinking about Olivia and I, should we set up an intervention or something?" I chuckle. "Drop it."

After a few minutes, Frankie speaks over the faint sound of the radio. "I kind of want Angie to dump me, so I don't have to be the bad guy. In the beginning it was fun, but the farther in we got, the more I felt like her little challenge or something. I cut my fucking hair for her," He says dramatically, making me laugh.

Although Frankie did have a pretty legendary man-bun before Angie came along.

Suddenly what he's saying clicks in my head. That's exactly what I'd be to Olivia, a drunk for her to sober up. A high for her to bring down.

At this point, she doesn't even know who I am sober, I don't even know who I am sober.

"What are Olivia's plans tonight?"

I check the time on my phone and see that it's already ten thirty. "She gets off at eleven and then I think she's heading over to Blake's, they're throwing a party."

"Feel like crashing? I want to try out this anti-Angie thing, but everybody at Trent's party knows we're a thing. Anyway, hasn't cock-blocking Olivia become one of your favorite hobbies lately." Frankie chuckles.