Chapter Twenty-Reggie

"Reggie, can we try something?" Olivia asks, her voice only audible because the apartment is so quiet.

Ah fuck, the things I want to try with her are endless. How can she ask me such an open ended question? And how am I not supposed to respond with, we can try everything.

She's still pretty buzzed, I'm sure that's where all of this is coming from. I should put a stop to this right now, but the connection between my brain and my mouth is short circuiting. And to be frank, I don't want to tell her no.

Olivia's hands glide around my neck, her dainty fingers pushing through my hair. One small gesture and I feel like the zipper on my jeans are going to give any fucking second.

My eyes lower to her cranberry stained lips from whatever heaven Keely rolled onto her mouth in the backseat of my truck earlier. She notices my stare and smiles. Fuck, I'm so weak, there's no way I'm stopping this.

"Try what, Olivia?"

She's made it obvious what she wants, but I need her to say it. Suddenly her bottom lip disappears into her mouth between her teeth. I bring my hands up to her waist, purposely touching the space of skin that her shirt doesn't cover and pull her closer. I reach up with one hand and cup her chin between my thumb and index finger, gently tugging her lip out of her mouth.

"Words, Babydoll, I need words."

"I want you to kiss me," she murmurs, finally holding eye contact with me. I've never been one affected by eyes, but hers debilitate me.

She leans closer and my sanity is hanging on by a string. My hands slide along her neck, pulling her in and crashing our lips together. Her kiss is soft, nervous almost. However there's so much confidence in the way she sinks into me, pressing her body against mine.

Kissing Olivia is like wildfire and it's spreading throughout my entire body. So many times I've denied thinking about what this would be like. As wrong as I know it is, it's even better than I imagined.

Olivia's lips are sweet and I can taste the strawberry slushy on her tongue. Her hands slide down the front of my chest until she reaches the hem of my shirt. Breaking away from her lips for two seconds when she takes it off is like having my head held under water.

Olivia wastes no time, gripping my shoulders and arching back into me. My hands travel down her way, inch back up her top. The small moans escaping her mouth, only encourage me. I'm giving her the time to come to her senses, to push me off of her, smack me across the face and blame me for this. And I'd take it.

Her not putting a stop to this makes me wonder how long she's thought of this? We've known each other for so long, feelings like this can't just appear out of thin air.

And for the first time in ever, I think about tomorrow. What happens when she wakes up and realizes I'm a piece of shit? I hope she doesn't think I can have her once and act like it never happened. I can't have her like this and then watch her with someone else.

This is Olivia. I'm supposed to be making sure she's not making mistakes like me. I promised her parents that she'd be in good hands.

I mean, my hands feel pretty fucking good on her ass right now.

No. She's high and I'm taking advantage of it. Goddamn it. Why can't I be good enough for this? For her?

Before we pass the point of no return, I pull back, catching my breath as I look at her. Lips swollen and lipstick slightly smeared from kissing me, eyes glassy and searching mine for an answer. I clear my throat, finding my voice. "I can't do this with you," I say.