Chapter Nineteen-Olivia

Sorry this is up a little late! I hope you like it. Chapter Twenty is on Radish and Twenty-one should be up on Radish tonight or tomorrow night! ❤️

Thank for reading!

*

It's both annoying and impressive how easily Reggie gets along with people, yet claims he can't stand being around them at the same time. I thought coming back inside would be less awkward than standing outside by myself while Blake helps his friends bring kegs of beer up from the basement.

However, here I am, clutching a cup of skunky beer while Reggie talks to some guys about their tattoos. He's offering ideas to help transition from different designs so they aren't as abrupt or something.

We get it, you're all three hot and tattooed, jeez.

I sit up on the island countertop and pick at the chips until I move on to the platter of baked goods. Brownies make me weak, as well as anything made of chocolate. Biting into it, I notice it tastes a little funny, but the chunks of chocolate melt in my mouth and I don't even care.

As I bite into my second brownie, I reach for another, but a hand juts out and stops me. "Whoa there sweetheart, I think you should take it easy on those."

I look up to see a tall, lanky guy smirking. "Are you calling me fat?"

He laughs, eyeing my figure. "No, but you're going to be high as fuck off of that one you just ate."

"High?" I repeat, glancing back at the plate of brownies. Then it hits me. "These have weed in them?"

He nods. "Don't tell me you're a virgin."

I gulp, the tone of his voice is unsettling. "Uh..." I look over at Reggie, who's lit like a Christmas tree talking about tattoos with two randoms. "I don't feel anything," I tell him.

"Give it a few minutes, it creeps up on you."

"Who are you, the weed fairy?"

He chuckles. "I'm Dalton," he holds out his hand.

"Olivia," I say, shaking his hand.

"Well, Olivia, I hope you have a sick trip," he winks. "I'll see you around."

I stare as he walks off and I get this odd chill up my spine. Something about him gives me the total creeps and if I weren't a few feet away from Reggie, I would've panicked. Dalton may have been nice enough to warn me about the pot brownies, but he definitely seemed to be high on something a little stronger.

With half of the second brownie still in my hand, I figure that the worst is already done so it doesn't matter. Reggie's high all the time and he seems perfectly fine. I shove it in my mouth and hope for the best. These taste better than drinking and if I get a buzz, it's a double win. What's the worst that could happen?

"There you are. You ready to head out?" Blake interrupts my thoughts.

I look at the plate of brownies that I just ate from, trying to figure out how to approach this situation. I'm definitely ready to leave, I just don't trust myself to leave with him in my current state of mind. "No, I think I want to hang for a bit."

His face falls, but he nods. "You're not going to fall off the face of the earth again, are you?" he jokes.

I giggle, leaning into him. It's not for the sake of wanting to, my head feels a little fuzzy and I need stability. "No, I won't," I manage to get out.

Blake steps closer to me, pushing my legs apart for him to stand between them. His hands slide onto my waist and he looks at me like he can see right through me. "Are you sure you don't want to come back to my place?"